DX10 issue which mobo is right for me?

ICE_OD

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
Hello,

This is probably a double post, hopefully not, I've searched and read 100's of conroe mobo threads but I think this one is more specific.

I am worried about DX10 compatibility and would like to know which motherboard to get ( or wait for). I am going to get an E6600 and I hear there are a few chipsets coming out that are going to be optamized for DX10 (while current ones simply will support use of DX10 cards).

I was wondering which mobo I should get or wait for because I dont want to have to pay too much or wait more then a month.

Everyone says "dont scimp on the mobo its the backbone of your system". I totally understand this but I know that SLI / Crossfire boards are 100+ dollars more expensive and not really that efficient. So I REALLY want a single PCI-E16 slot with decent geography to fit some nice cooling solutions in there that is not TOO expensive but wont bog down my system.

There is a single GPU gygabyte card everyone suggests (d6q I think its called), I was wondering if anyone knows if it will support a DX10 card enough to allow and upgrade to keep me gaming for 4ish years before a major upgrade. Or should I way for the new nvidia / ATI chipsets to come out(hopefully not beyond august) because they are thaaat important to DX10 support?

dougie_boy

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
there is nothing directx10 out on the market ATM.
dont worry about it. its not here and it wont be here till vista.

u cant buy anything and as long as you have a pci-x slot your going to be finnnneee.

not a problem. just concern your self with DX9 for the moment.