MSI installer is missing from services

I am running windows 2000 advanced server service pack
4. I have been going back and forth between Compaq and
Veritas trying to get Vertitas loaded. Veritas today
told me I am missing the MSI installer in services.
Their engineer told me to re-install service pack 4. It
will not re-install. Just hangs. I am desparate and at
wits ends. Neither company has been able to resolve my
issue of not being able to install Veritas. It has been
two weeks since a backup on my domain controler which is
also our Exchange server. HELP Please...someone.
Thanks.

"LadyTech" <gpowers@calaveras.k12.ca.us> wrote in message
> I am running windows 2000 advanced server service pack
> 4. I have been going back and forth between Compaq and
> Veritas trying to get Vertitas loaded. Veritas today
> told me I am missing the MSI installer in services.
> Their engineer told me to re-install service pack 4. It
> will not re-install. Just hangs. I am desparate and at
> wits ends. Neither company has been able to resolve my
> issue of not being able to install Veritas. It has been
> two weeks since a backup on my domain controler which is
> also our Exchange server. HELP Please...someone.
> Thanks.

You can download the MSI separately from the Microsoft Download site. Try
updating MSI *first* - then re-installing SP4.

I hope this helps,
Cameron:)

It's me again...I am not able to find the MSI file you
are referring to. please send me the link to microsoft.
I emailed you too. Thanks for the suggestion and would
love to try it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4b6140f9-2d36-4977-
8fa1-6f8a0f5dca8f&displaylang=en

Watch the word wrap. If it doesn't work, the file is an installer called
"InstMsiW".