Plague cannot be removed

I'm infected with the plague. It cannot be removed. I've tried nearly every
shrine in the temple in Vivec, Potions and scrolls. But it sticks to me.

What's wrong? Can I remove the disease with a cheat in case it can't be
fixed regulary?

Thanks

Ralph

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 07:43:49 +0100, "Ralph Schreiber"
<Ralph.Schreiber@onlinehome.de> wrote:

>I'm infected with the plague. It cannot be removed. I've tried nearly every
>shrine in the temple in Vivec, Potions and scrolls. But it sticks to me.
>
>What's wrong? Can I remove the disease with a cheat in case it can't be
>fixed regulary?

Hmmm, I don't ever remember getting the Plague in Morrowind. Are you
sure you don't have Corprus Disease? That cannot be cured, except by
following the Main Quest, which is how you would have gotten it in the
first place. There is also Vampirism, which is called something
beginning with Hemo which cannot be cured by normal means after you
have had it for three days.
--
Nyctolops

Ralph Schreiber wrote:
> I'm infected with the plague. It cannot be removed. I've tried nearly every
> shrine in the temple in Vivec, Potions and scrolls. But it sticks to me.
>
> What's wrong? Can I remove the disease with a cheat in case it can't be
> fixed regulary?

There is only one uncurable (by spells/potions/altars) disease: Corprus.
If you have Corprus, you cannot cure it. This is a part of the main
quest, you are infected when fighting some Ash critters in some cave
northwest of Gnaar Mok, where you are sent to by Caius. This is the only
way to be infected by Corprus. Return to Caius with your infection and
see what he has to say.

Assuming you are not talking about corprus disease, the console command
to remove a disease is like this:

player->removespell "ash woe blight"

You need the exact ID for the disease you have. The disease name is
shown in the tooltips over those spelleffect icons. The names seem to
correspond with the ID, but if it doesn't work open the construction set
and check the Spellmaking list for corresponding disease ID and name.

If you are talking about Corprus, do not remove it using the console,
this would break the main quest.

Peter