Add Remove Programs Component Not Responding

Tags:
  • Components
  • Servers
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 20, 2004 7:01:03 PM

We have 4 Veritas Clustered SQL Database Servers connected to a SAN. There
is one server, that for some reason has a corrupted Add Remove Programs (ARP)
component that when clicked does not display. The executable MSHTA.exe gets
loaded but not the HTML screen listing the programs. We have Veritas Cluster
Services installed on each of these servers and rather fix the problem by
just doing a reinstall of the O/S find another option to fix the problem.
Setting up the Veritas Cluster Server was pretty involved from what I am told
so that is why I have been instructed to fix it by another way than doing a
reinstall.

Any ideas? Can I 'replace' the front end (the screen lsting the programs
installed?) How this came about was my Mgr wanted to uninstall some software
on each of the servers, and came across this server that ARP did not display.

Thanks in advance

More about : add remove programs component responding

September 1, 2004 4:19:06 PM

I had to reinstall internet explorer to resolve the problem on one of my
servers. Here is the link that address this problem.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;265829

!