Yarberger

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2006
Anybody had any experience with this motherboard? It is sold by Newegg for $279 but I can't find it (or reviews) anywhere else.

GigabyteRules

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2006
i also have this board and my gee its ohhhh sooooo goood a lota money but well worth it, the thing i was most impressed with was onboard sound, this board has everything but sli support (but it does have 2x 16pci-e slots and u could always used hack drivers.)the overclocking options are just amazing and it comes with everything u need all cables and 4x e-sata connection, and its 0db noise which is a huge plus and its right ready for Core Duo 2 without havning to worry bout nething.

lcandy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
I'm in the process of recieving beta BIOS's from Gigabyte support, as they try to find a solution to the fact that the board does not support my memory natively and also is screwing up the CPU fan control (made a thread about this in CPU forum, for fan control, no solutions found).

Basically, it is a good solid board. What is not so good is the software that is currently available from Gigabyte, or the BIOS. I imagine when they work out the issues with that, it will be fantastic.

It is relatively easy to overclock with (to put it mildly), but I wouldn't expect miracles until they have worked out all the bugs. I'm keeping my system at stock until then.

Another bad point to consider is the heavy Crazy Cool backplate that is rumoured to make fitting aftermarket CPU coolers almost impossible (which require screwing to the board via their own backplate). I would love to recomend the board but do not feel completely confident with it... yet.

GigabyteRules

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2006
the back place is easy to take off and the new BIG Tyfoon VX( vx only) uses the same pushpins as the stocks fan so its all good and its in the top 3 best fans ever not a single prob mit my mo-bo

lcandy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
That's really good to know, I'm going to bookmark this so when I decide to get an aftermarket cooler I wont have far to look! :D

Hando567

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
I have the DQ6 on my conroe E6600 build. I must say awesome board. Worked great right out of the box. as far as memory compatibility i havent had any problems with my 2x1GB patriot sticks. Also THIS BOARD DOES NOT HAVE 2 X16 SLOTS. It has 1 X16 and 1 X4 with and X16 physical slot so no hacked drivers will make SLi work. If you dont believe me look at the slot the pins stop in the first third of the slot. Other than that its amazing and as far as the fan controm problem i thought i had an issue also when my intel stock cooler fan wasnt spinning for a little while but i called up gigabyte and it turned out just to be that the fan turns off when the CPU is below 30C. anyway the O/C capability is amazing. I have my 6600 oced to 2.7 easily on stock cooling (and im still running 34 idle 38 load. i just dont want to go higher yet because id like to get better cooling on my memory.) So if you have the cash i would highly recommend this board.