OC'ing an AMD Athlon X2 4400 - 939 (seeking suggestions)

Jie

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
Heyas,

I'm about to OC my 4400+ (socket 939) and am curious if anyone could reccomend some decent settings.

Mobo: DFI Lanparty nf4 SLI-DR
Ram: Corsair XMS 2 gigs - 3-3-3-8
Power Supply: 600w Enermax
Vid Cars: SLI - 2x eVGA 7800GTXs

At the moment I have a 3700+ OC'd @ 2.7ghz with no problems.

With the above hardware, do you all think i can get the 4400+ to 2.6-2.8 stable? I'm pretty new to OC'ing so I've left most of my ram settings in the BIOS on AUTO. If anyone has the same Mobo/Ram and can reccomend some good settings to try (CPU voltage etc...), I would greatly appreciate it! Link to a guide on this specific CPU would be excellent too ;).

I'm using water cooling.

Thanks for the help.

Dont leave your ram on auto. Make sure you change the voltage settigns to 3v, 5v, 9v, 1.5, and the delay settings to 3,3,2,2,6. This should boast performace faster then any possible core2duo out now.

GooD Luck.

Jie

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
Doh...I will certainly make those changes. I'm not at home right now, but I'm a little unsure about the delay settings. There are so many for this DFI board and the names are nutty (to me). Any chance you could associate those numbers (3,3,2,2,6) to names? lol sorry for such a stupid question.

Thanks!

Sorry m8. I was just teasing you. Im not actualy sure but if you have good ram there are imporvements you can make surely. Im sure someone with some OC experience will fill you in on some real recomendations.