XP Pro to Vista to Win 7

TaxMan_70

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
hello, if anyone con help me with this I would really appreciate it. I am currently running XP Pro and as an accountant have not just files but also RAID/Mirror drives and many tax softwares which are impossible for me to reinstall all on Win 7. so I thought I can run an upgrade to Vista then do another upgrade to Win 7. does this make any sense?

Solution
Well my first suggestion would be to learn how to modify your own posts on this forum, instead of double posting :).

But to answer your question, no, I don't believe it is worth upgrading to 7 in this fashion. While the features of 7 most certainly are appealing, if you can't get those programs back that you wanted to avoid reinstalling in the first place, then you're better off not going to 7 on that computer. If anything goes wrong with either upgrade (XP to Vista, or Vista to 7) you could wind up losing those programs.

TaxMan_70

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

what suggestion do you have. is it worth upgrading to Win 7?

Well my first suggestion would be to learn how to modify your own posts on this forum, instead of double posting :).

But to answer your question, no, I don't believe it is worth upgrading to 7 in this fashion. While the features of 7 most certainly are appealing, if you can't get those programs back that you wanted to avoid reinstalling in the first place, then you're better off not going to 7 on that computer. If anything goes wrong with either upgrade (XP to Vista, or Vista to 7) you could wind up losing those programs.

Solution