Aligning a HP cartridge?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b α HP
June 4, 2005 8:53:22 AM

I have a multifunction printer HP PSC 1315. I'm satisfied with the
price/performance except one thing.

Every time I turn on the printer this message appear:

"If you have just installed a new print cartridge it is recommended
that you align it". Click on 'Align' to align your new print
cartridge.

If the printer have paper loaded it starts to print an align printout.
That's not what I want.

The have two slots for print cartridges.
The left can have one 3-color cartridge.
The right can have a black cartridge or a 3-color photo cartridge.
This to print photos with six colors.

Is it possible that there is some kind of patch or preferences
somewhere to just turn of this "feature" for the printer? I guess I'm
not alone of this problem.

/Roland

More about : aligning cartridge

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 4, 2005 1:14:15 PM

Roland Bengtsson wrote:
> I have a multifunction printer HP PSC 1315. I'm satisfied with the
> price/performance except one thing.
>
> Every time I turn on the printer this message appear:
>
> "If you have just installed a new print cartridge it is recommended
> that you align it". Click on 'Align' to align your new print
> cartridge.

Did you align the cratridge when you put in a new one? If not, you will
get this message until you do so.

> If the printer have paper loaded it starts to print an align printout.
> That's not what I want.
>
> The have two slots for print cartridges.
> The left can have one 3-color cartridge.
> The right can have a black cartridge or a 3-color photo cartridge.
> This to print photos with six colors.
>
> Is it possible that there is some kind of patch or preferences
> somewhere to just turn of this "feature" for the printer? I guess I'm
> not alone of this problem.
>
> /Roland

What's the problem? You _should_ align any new cartridge you install.
Keep in mind that the nozzles are very, very small - slight differences
in cartridge positioning will change the position of the nozzles
relative to the other cartridge, which will cause some blur, may cause
moire patterns, etc.

"Aligning" the cartridge actually changes the timing of the ink-jet, so
that dots of ink land where they are supposed to.

Have you checked Printer --> Properties for available options?

HTH&GL
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 4, 2005 1:36:02 PM

"Roland Bengtsson" <roland.bengtssonsf@home.se> wrote in message
>I have a multifunction printer HP PSC 1315. I'm satisfied with the
> price/performance except one thing.
>
> Every time I turn on the printer this message appear:
>
> "If you have just installed a new print cartridge it is recommended
> that you align it". Click on 'Align' to align your new print
> cartridge.

Let the alignment page print, then load the page on the scanner to complete the
alignment. Once the alignment has been done you will no longer get the
messages.

Regards,
January 26, 2009 10:17:05 AM

>I have a multifunction printer HP PSC 1315. I'm satisfied with the
> price/performance except one thing.
>
> Every time I turn on the printer this message appear:
>
> "If you have just installed a new print cartridge it is recommended
> that you align it". Click on 'Align' to align your new print
> cartridge.

Let the alignment page print, then load the page on the scanner to complete the
alignment. Once the alignment has been done you will no longer get the
messages.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP[/quotemsg]

I disagree. Ive had the same exact problem, replace ink..get the message to align...do as needed ie. print page...scan...and bingo should all be good to go. Not the case, I still get the message: If you have just installed a new print cartridge it is recommended that you align it. Click on "Align" to align your new print cartridge.
won't go away, even tho I know Ive done the alignments
!