need a good mp3 player.

December 18, 2004 10:58:26 PM

can someone rrecommend an mp3 player.

i want it to listen to mp3 books.

i find that if i have a book that is several hours long, then the
standard player is hard to navigate to a specific point.

also, i'd like something that will allow me to make bookmarks of where
i left off.

thanks.

jam

More about : good mp3 player

Anonymous
December 19, 2004 2:18:40 AM

> want it to listen to mp3 books.

o Variable speed,
constant-pitch play (100, 110, 115, 125, 133, 150, 200% speed),
w/bookmarks

Constant-pitch play = no chipmunks

--|
40th Floor - Software @ http://40th.com/
iPlay : the ultimate audio player for iPAQs
mp3, ogg, mp4, m4a, aac, wav, play & record
parametric eq, xfeed, reverb - all on a ppc
Anonymous
December 20, 2004 7:12:31 AM

What are you talking about?
What software are you using?
What you refer to is not available in the Windows Media player.
???
Related resources
December 20, 2004 3:01:17 PM

I am unable to download the software. I am getting an access forbidden error
message. I left an email for the author.

Joe

<hel@40th.com> wrote in message
> > want it to listen to mp3 books.
>
> o Variable speed,
> constant-pitch play (100, 110, 115, 125, 133, 150, 200% speed),
> w/bookmarks
>
> Constant-pitch play = no chipmunks
>
> --|
> 40th Floor - Software @ http://40th.com/
> iPlay : the ultimate audio player for iPAQs
> mp3, ogg, mp4, m4a, aac, wav, play & record
> parametric eq, xfeed, reverb - all on a ppc
Anonymous
December 20, 2004 3:15:28 PM

He meant the "40th player" available and clearly marked on his website
;-)

Cheers - Neil

On 20 Dec 2004 04:12:31 -0800, "Jam" <jammer20002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>What are you talking about?
>What software are you using?
>What you refer to is not available in the Windows Media player.
>???
December 20, 2004 3:15:29 PM

are there any other good mp3 players that anybody recommends?

winamp type version for PPC?

"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:o khds0dcgq12ql0tc9jh67jicjf1899ug5@4ax.com...
> He meant the "40th player" available and clearly marked on his website
> ;-)
>
> Cheers - Neil
>
> On 20 Dec 2004 04:12:31 -0800, "Jam" <jammer20002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>What are you talking about?
>>What software are you using?
>>What you refer to is not available in the Windows Media player.
>>???

Anonymous
December 21, 2004 11:15:05 PM

On 20 Dec 2004, "MAC" <no_spam_ad_888@yahoo.com> pondered an unfair
universe and came up with news:u4sxcuq5EHA.992@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

> are there any other good mp3 players that anybody recommends?
>
> winamp type version for PPC?

MortPlayer 3.1:

http://www.freewareppc.com/multimedia/mortplayer.shtml

MortPlayer English home page (most of the site is in German):

http://www.sto-helit.de/freeware/pocketpc/mortplayer/en...

Different skins:

http://www.sto-helit.de/freeware/pocketpc/mortplayer/en...

There are other players that emulate the Winamp look, but I found
after using them that the Winamp interface isn't exactly the right
metaphor for PPC use. MortPlayer's dual screen interface (you can use
one with a visible playlist or one with larger buttons for touch
screen use so you don't have to take out the stylus) works really
well.

It also supports a "Today Screen Plugin":

http://www.sto-helit.de/freeware/pocketpc/mortplayer/en...

Anyway, it's free, so what do you have to lose?

--
StephG
Anonymous

GSPlayer is a good basic player that plays mp3 and also shoutcast streams.
You can get skins including my own Winamp modern and classic skins from the
link below.

GSPlayer: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA032810/
Skins: http://www.gsplayer-skins.tk/

Tony

MAC wrote:
> are there any other good mp3 players that anybody recommends?
>
> winamp type version for PPC?

December 22, 2004 5:30:23 PM

thx guys, I'll check out the players that you listed, and post my experience
/feedback

"Tony A." <you.dont@need.to.know> wrote in message
> GSPlayer is a good basic player that plays mp3 and also shoutcast streams.
> You can get skins including my own Winamp modern and classic skins from
> the
> link below.
>
> GSPlayer: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA032810/
> Skins: http://www.gsplayer-skins.tk/
>
> Tony
>
> MAC wrote:
>> are there any other good mp3 players that anybody recommends?
>>
>> winamp type version for PPC?

Anonymous
December 22, 2004 10:00:30 PM

>> MAC wrote:
>>> are there any other good mp3 players that anybody recommends?

>>> winamp type version for PPC?
Winampaq.
http://www.winampaq.com

JPinOH