Possible to synch PocketPC (Dell Axin X3) Outlook Samsung..

a b Ô Samsung
December 19, 2004 12:07:02 AM

Anyone know how to to synchronize the Dell X3 Outlook Contacts & such
with a Samsung E-105 cell phone? What software is required? Will it
work with IR or only a data cable?
TIA! /lac/
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
December 19, 2004 1:58:04 PM

I don't believe there is any way to directly sync any cell phone completely
with any PPC. Unless of course your cell phone is your PPC ;)  By that I mean
syncing all the PIM info. You can certainly send pieces at a time, just like
you might beam someone your contact info. I think you pretty much need to
use a PC as the intermediary. Both my PPC and my T610 have the ability to
sync independently with Outlook on the desktop, so that is how I keep them
together.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"No Spam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know how to to synchronize the Dell X3 Outlook Contacts & such
> with a Samsung E-105 cell phone? What software is required? Will it
> work with IR or only a data cable?
> TIA! /lac/
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
December 19, 2004 8:06:19 PM

Thanks Sven. I'm surprised there isn't such a utility... sounds to me
like there would be a big market for something that sychs directly
between PPC and a cell phone.
/lac/
On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 10:58:04 -0700, "Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices"
<sejohannsen@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I don't believe there is any way to directly sync any cell phone completely
>with any PPC. Unless of course your cell phone is your PPC ;)  By that I mean
>syncing all the PIM info. You can certainly send pieces at a time, just like
>you might beam someone your contact info. I think you pretty much need to
>use a PC as the intermediary. Both my PPC and my T610 have the ability to
>sync independently with Outlook on the desktop, so that is how I keep them
>together.
>
>--
>Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
>"No Spam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Anyone know how to to synchronize the Dell X3 Outlook Contacts & such
>> with a Samsung E-105 cell phone? What software is required? Will it
>> work with IR or only a data cable?
>> TIA! /lac/

a b Ô Samsung
December 20, 2004 1:35:56 AM

Hi,

"Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> I don't believe there is any way to directly sync any cell phone
completely
> with any PPC. Unless of course your cell phone is your PPC ;)  By that I
mean
> syncing all the PIM info. You can certainly send pieces at a time, just
like
> you might beam someone your contact info. I think you pretty much need to
> use a PC as the intermediary. Both my PPC and my T610 have the ability to
> sync independently with Outlook on the desktop, so that is how I keep
them
> together.

You might want to check out http://www.sync4j.org (but Outlook sync would be
less hassle)
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
December 20, 2004 1:35:57 AM

That's interesting. It still seems like it requires a sync server and the
clients to sync to that server from the PPC and the cell phone, or whatever.
I suppose if a sync server were produced for the PPC platform, then a phone
with a client could sync to it.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Ochal Christophe" <ochal@illspamyoutohellkefren.be> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> "Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> > I don't believe there is any way to directly sync any cell phone
> completely
> > with any PPC. Unless of course your cell phone is your PPC ;)  By that I
> mean
> > syncing all the PIM info. You can certainly send pieces at a time, just
> like
> > you might beam someone your contact info. I think you pretty much need
> > use a PC as the intermediary. Both my PPC and my T610 have the ability
> > sync independently with Outlook on the desktop, so that is how I keep
> them
> > together.
>
> You might want to check out http://www.sync4j.org (but Outlook sync would
be
> less hassle)

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
December 21, 2004 2:06:39 AM

Thanks for the link. I checked it out. Way too complicated for me...
I'm just looking for an easier way to keep my Contacts up-to-date
between phone and PPC.

/lac/

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 22:35:56 GMT, "Ochal Christophe"

!