Question about PC to phone VC

Shane

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

My brother lives in Mexico and has cable Internet access and would
like to be able to video conference with my parents who are in the US
and only have dialup access. What are the best options for them? I'm
hoping to not spend more than $200 USD on either end to get them set
up.

I've done some research but haven't really found a good solution that
doesn't incur international phone call rates...so I'm deferring to the
experts here.

On 24 Jul 2004 14:53:47 -0700, wenahs@hotmail.com (Shane) wrote:

>My brother lives in Mexico and has cable Internet access and would
>like to be able to video conference with my parents who are in the US
>and only have dialup access. What are the best options for them? I'm
>hoping to not spend more than $200 USD on either end to get them set
>up.
>
>I've done some research but haven't really found a good solution that
>doesn't incur international phone call rates...so I'm deferring to the
>experts here.

Video conferencing over the internet should not incur any phone
charges. simple webcams are cheap and there are conferencing
applications like yahoo messenger that are free.