Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

I want to know if there is any protocol for controlling a
pan/tilt/zoom camera via internet or not.I'd be very thankful if you
answer me as soon as possible.
Thank you all
Sepideh Saliani

"Sepideh Saliani" <sepideh_saliani@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I want to know if there is any protocol for controlling a
> pan/tilt/zoom camera via internet or not.I'd be very thankful if you
> answer me as soon as possible.

Sepideh,

In general the answer is no, many cameras can be controlled from a PC and
you could write an application to interface this to the web but it would be
non-trivial to do. I would suggest you lookup "network cameras" specifically
for ones that include web servers which already provide this functionality.

> Thank you all
> Sepideh Saliani

regards,
-=-peas-=-