Windows Media Player Opens on Startup

Everytime I start up my system the WMP opens up
automatically. I can't find out how to stop this
happening. Any help please.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows media player opens startup

    Click on the start button, click run, type msconfig, click on the
    startup tab and unclick media player...

    John Plumridge wrote:
    > Everytime I start up my system the WMP opens up
    > automatically. I can't find out how to stop this
    > happening. Any help please.

    Hi John,

    This is caused by spyware called iedll.exe, a BHO (browser helper objet).
    Read up on it and how to remove it:
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/darnit_2.htm#iedll
    http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html#startup

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "John Plumridge" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Everytime I start up my system the WMP opens up
    > automatically. I can't find out how to stop this
    > happening. Any help please.

Microsoft Media Player Windows XP