Exchange Server 5.5

I have started to install Exchange server onto my new server with Advanced
2000 OS. I get to a point where it asks me to create a new site or join an
exisiting site. I opt to join the site my old server is currently running
with NT 4.0. When it tries to link up/contact my old server it states that
"To add a new server to an exisiting Exchange site, the account you are
logged on as must have Admin. Permissions on the Site and Configuration
objects". What does this mean? Plus, how do I give it Admin. Permissions?

ME

yes i remember this
you need to do this in exchange system manager
it is set on the properties of the site and configuration; right click on
the site and go to properties.
it's been a couple years since i've done it but hopefully it will put you in
the right direction

"Eric31" <Eric31@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have started to install Exchange server onto my new server with Advanced
> 2000 OS. I get to a point where it asks me to create a new site or join an
> exisiting site. I opt to join the site my old server is currently running
> with NT 4.0. When it tries to link up/contact my old server it states that
> "To add a new server to an exisiting Exchange site, the account you are
> logged on as must have Admin. Permissions on the Site and Configuration
> objects". What does this mean? Plus, how do I give it Admin. Permissions?

Thanks. Do I access Exchange System Manager on my old server or on my new
server? How do I get to the properties of the site and configuration? I'm new
at this. Thanks for your help.