Status
Not open for further replies.

rushfan

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
Pardon my asking but...

Does anybody have a Best Buy presale code for any of the Canadian "The Police" Tour 2007 dates that they won't be using? If yes, do you mind sharing it? Please PM me if you can help!

Many thanks!

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Glad we support each other's forum tag bands :)

I have sat about 10 feet above Danny at an opera hall they performed at in Minneapolis. Sat in the side balcony seat right above him, was amazing to watch him work even though the sound wasn't the best right there. Still a sweet show.

rushfan

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
You're lucky - I have never seen Tool in concert. I hope that they expand their 10,000 Days tour to include a city near me such as Ottawa (where I work) or Montreal. My brother has seen them and he says that their shows are almost ethereal.

I have been fortunate to see Rush several times, beginning with the "Moving Pictures" tour in 1981. It is always a sensory overload - one that you should check out if you haven't already. You obviously have great taste in music! :wink:

On a happy note - I scored a pair of Police tickets to the July 25 show in Montreal. They're in the nosebleeds, but I'll be there! Who would have thought that 23 years after breaking up, they'd get back together? The whole Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" thing pales in comparison to this reunion! The ironic thing is that Best Buy mailed me a presale code for the July 26 show which was announced yesterday. I could surely get better seats for the second show but I want to be there on opening night.

Hheehehe you got tickets to see the Police. Your going to be busted for drug use, and murder.

Thats what you get for going to see them instead of the Firefighters (a benign law enforcement group)

rushfan

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
Hheehehe you got tickets to see the Police. Your going to be busted for drug use, and murder.

Thats what you get for going to see them instead of the Firefighters (a benign law enforcement group)

I went to a house party where the Firefighters were playing and they were out of control. They soaked everything and ripped holes in my buddy's roof. Needless to say, the house was a write off. What's worse, they had the nerve to blame the damage on some new L.A. band called "Careless Smoking".

I'll take my chances with The Police!

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
8O You asked for a show near Montreal and I knew there was going to be one but........

TOOL TOUR TO BE RESCHEDULED

Tool Tour To Be Rescheduled
Los Angeles, CA - February 21, 2007 - Tool will be rescheduling their upcoming North American tour due to an injury in the band. Over the weekend, drummer Danny Carey tore a bicep. Danny underwent surgery TODAY and is recovering well. Rescheduled tour dates will be announced shortly.

(Note: Danny just got out of surgery and it went well)

I am almost crying :cry:

Wonder how long they will be out?

rushfan

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
That's terrible news, especially for Danny Carey! It takes a lot to tear a bicep - what the hell was he doing??

I'm guessing that he'll be out of commission for three or four months. Now, if he came back and played with one arm - à la Rick Allen - THAT would be impressive!

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
True, I haven't heard what he was doing. Could be the insanely fast gong mallet grab and smack during Lateralus...nah he's too smooth to get hurt doing that.

Sucks, I was looking forward to a summer road trip if they weren't coming near Minnesota again.

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Nice :lol:

I just told that joke to my very attractive young, brunette co-worker.

She thought it was hilarious 8)

I gave you credit though, shes on her way to your house since I already have a girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS