Runtime error??

Hi,
I've just installed my advanced server, I don't understand why everytime
when I visit some web pages, there's always an error message pops up and
say:

====================
A Runtime Error has occured.
Do you wish to debug?

Linez: 589
Error: Syntax error
====================

When I click yes button, the Microsoft Script Debugger will pop up, and the
file is read only, it seems to be some programming language file, with
extension .js

How can I solve this problem, it always pop up, sometimes when I visit the
web page, whenever there's a movement of my mouse over the web page, the
error message will pop which makes me can't do anything. Does anyone know
how to solve it? Millions Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about runtime error

    Hi Adrian,

    All that error really means, is that the website you're visiting has some
    errors in the JavaScript (.js) they're wanting your browser to execute when
    you visit the page.

    RESOLUTION:
    1. Open Internet Explorer (IE) browser.
    2. Select the Tools drop-down menu.
    3. Select Internet Options.
    4. Click on the Advanced tab.
    5. Under the Browsing section, put a check mark in the box next to "Disable
    script debugging".

    This specifies whether you want to turn off your script debugger, if one is
    installed. Script debuggers are used by Web site developers to test
    programs and scripts on their Web pages.

    6. Then click OK to close Internet Options.
    7. Browser and test the same web page that was giving you this error.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mike Rosado

    <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

    Delighting customers is our top priority. We welcome your valuable comments
    and suggestions about how to improve the service we provide you. So if you
    would like provided us feedback, feel free to e-mail my manager Brian
    Pennington then click on the following e-mail hyperlink with a short
    statement with regards to your Online support experience
    <mailto:BPenning@microsoft.com?subject=Newsgroup_Experience&body=Brian,>.
    Thank you.

    > I've just installed my advanced server, I don't understand why everytime
    > when I visit some web pages, there's always an error message pops up and
    > say:
    >
    > ====================
    > A Runtime Error has occured.
    > Do you wish to debug?
    >
    > Linez: 589
    > Error: Syntax error
    > ====================
    >
    > When I click yes button, the Microsoft Script Debugger will pop up, and
    the
    > file is read only, it seems to be some programming language file, with
    > extension .js
    >
    > How can I solve this problem, it always pop up, sometimes when I visit the
    > web page, whenever there's a movement of my mouse over the web page, the
    > error message will pop which makes me can't do anything. Does anyone know
    > how to solve it? Millions Thanks.

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Wow, that's great, thx very very much.
    This really stop the annoying messages.

Windows