nt 4 won't allow me to promote bdc to pdc

Hi,

On my journey to upgrading my domain, I need to promote my bdc to a pdc.

It gives me the error message: acces is denied

Any suggestions?

NEIL

Hi Neil,

This is the only thing that comes to mind at the moment:

197488 Access Denied When Synchronizing or Promoting a BDC
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=197488

Check to make sure the following files are the same date/size on both BDC
and PDC and not that DC has older versions of the files than the other one:

Samsrv.dll
Samlib.dll
Lsasrv.dll
Services.exe
Msv1_0.dll
Winlogon.exe

If one is older than the other one, then re-apply the Service Pack.

--
Hope this helps,
Mike Rosado

<http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

Delighting customers is our top priority. We welcome your valuable comments
and suggestions about how to improve the service we provide you. So if you
would like provided us feedback, feel free to e-mail my manager Brian
Pennington then click on the following e-mail hyperlink with a short
statement with regards to your Online support experience
<mailto:BPenning@microsoft.com?subject=Newsgroup_Experience&body=Brian,>.
Thank you.

> On my journey to upgrading my domain, I need to promote my bdc to a pdc.
>
> It gives me the error message: acces is denied
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> NEIL

Thank you - fixed it not - it was a service pack issue. Neil