STOP 0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

When I restart Windows 2000 Advanced Server the system
hang up with:

STOP 0x0000001E (0xc0000005, 0x00000004, 0x00000000,
0x00000004)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Safe mode is the only one I can restart my server but I
don't know what I have to do. I've checked all event
viewer and almost all services haven't started with event
id 7001.

Does anyone know what I have to do or at least where I
have to start checking?

Thanks in advance

Jorge
5 answers Last reply
More about stop 0x0000001e kmode_exception_not_handled

    On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 17:40:03 -0700, "Jorge Luis Ribeiro"

    >When I restart Windows 2000 Advanced Server the system
    >hang up with:
    >
    >STOP 0x0000001E (0xc0000005, 0x00000004, 0x00000000,
    >0x00000004)
    >KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    >
    >Safe mode is the only one I can restart my server but I
    >don't know what I have to do. I've checked all event
    >viewer and almost all services haven't started with event
    >id 7001.
    >
    >Does anyone know what I have to do or at least where I
    >have to start checking?
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >
    >Jorge

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=300224
    http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=7001

    A start perhaps. These bright folks here can help you further.

    Kelly
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Kelly & Jorge Luis,

    That article ID: 300224 is not even related to the bugcheck Jorge Luis
    experienced, because at minimum 4 of 5 hex values should at least match to
    even come close. Even then when getting to match 4 of 5 hex values you
    cannot find and exact article match that will give you a resolution, which
    means you would have to load up debugging tools and symbols to decipher the
    memory dump. See the referenced link article below:

    275678 How to Troubleshoot a STOP 0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Error
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=275678

    What you can do quickly to see if this is an already know issue with an
    identified resolution, is to load the memory dump to the following link:

    Microsoft® Online Crash Analysis
    http://oca.microsoft.com

    If a known resolution exists, once uploaded it will match it against another
    dump that a previous customer upload and was analyzed then provide you a
    resolution. Read the FAQ link below that will give you more details.

    Frequently Asked Questions
    http://oca.microsoft.com/EN/FAQ.asp

    -----
    Hope this helps,
    Mike Rosado
    Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
    Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
    Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

    <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

    Delighting customers is our top priority. We welcome your valuable comments
    and suggestions about how to improve the service we provide you. So if you
    would like provided us feedback, feel free to e-mail my manager Brian
    Pennington then click on the following e-mail hyperlink with a short
    statement with regards to your Online support experience
    <mailto:BPenning@microsoft.com?subject=Newsgroup_Experience&body=Brian,>.
    Thank you.

    > On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 17:40:03 -0700, "Jorge Luis Ribeiro"
    > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >When I restart Windows 2000 Advanced Server the system
    > >hang up with:
    > >
    > >STOP 0x0000001E (0xc0000005, 0x00000004, 0x00000000,
    > >0x00000004)
    > >KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    > >
    > >Safe mode is the only one I can restart my server but I
    > >don't know what I have to do. I've checked all event
    > >viewer and almost all services haven't started with event
    > >id 7001.
    > >
    > >Does anyone know what I have to do or at least where I
    > >have to start checking?
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance
    > >
    > >Jorge
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=300224
    > http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=7001
    >
    > A start perhaps. These bright folks here can help you further.
    >
    > Kelly
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 08:24:19 -0500, "Mike Rosado [MSFT]"
    <mikeros@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Kelly & Jorge Luis,
    >
    >That article ID: 300224 is not even related to the bugcheck Jorge Luis
    >experienced, because at minimum 4 of 5 hex values should at least match to
    >even come close. Even then when getting to match 4 of 5 hex values you
    >cannot find and exact article match that will give you a resolution, which
    >means you would have to load up debugging tools and symbols to decipher the
    >memory dump. See the referenced link article below:

    I have a list of support articles that I keep. My error in
    copy-->pasting the wrong one.

    Eeesh, I was not even close!

    >275678 How to Troubleshoot a STOP 0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    >Error
    >http://support.microsoft.com/?id=275678
    >
    >What you can do quickly to see if this is an already know issue with an
    >identified resolution, is to load the memory dump to the following link:
    >
    >Microsoft® Online Crash Analysis
    >http://oca.microsoft.com
    >
    >If a known resolution exists, once uploaded it will match it against another
    >dump that a previous customer upload and was analyzed then provide you a
    >resolution. Read the FAQ link below that will give you more details.
    >
    >Frequently Asked Questions
    >http://oca.microsoft.com/EN/FAQ.asp
    >
    >-----
    >Hope this helps,
    >Mike Rosado
    >Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
    >Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
    >Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

    >When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
    >that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

    ><http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>
    >
    >Delighting customers is our top priority. We welcome your valuable comments
    >and suggestions about how to improve the service we provide you. So if you
    >would like provided us feedback, feel free to e-mail my manager Brian
    >Pennington then click on the following e-mail hyperlink with a short
    >statement with regards to your Online support experience
    ><mailto:BPenning@microsoft.com?subject=Newsgroup_Experience&body=Brian,>.
    >Thank you.

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Sorry Kelly, it was not my intention to sound like I was arrogant. My
    apologies if it came across this way. But I've seen and debugged many
    bugchecks, they can a times be very deceiving.

    So I hope the article I referenced below and the Microsoft® Online Crash
    Analysis site can be of assistance to all on this newsgroup in the future.

    --
    Regards,
> [...]

    > >Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
    > >Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies
    > >
    > >====================================================
    > >When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
    > >that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
    > >====================================================
    > >
    > >This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    rights.
    > ><http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>
    > >
    > >Delighting customers is our top priority. We welcome your valuable
    comments
    > >and suggestions about how to improve the service we provide you. So if
    you
    > >would like provided us feedback, feel free to e-mail my manager Brian
    > >Pennington then click on the following e-mail hyperlink with a short
    > >statement with regards to your Online support experience

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:45:45 -0500, "Mike Rosado [MSFT]"
    <mikeros@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Sorry Kelly, it was not my intention to sound like I was arrogant. My
    >apologies if it came across this way. But I've seen and debugged many
    >bugchecks, they can a times be very deceiving.
    >
    >So I hope the article I referenced below and the Microsoft® Online Crash
    >Analysis site can be of assistance to all on this newsgroup in the future.

    No, you came off like I made an error and you corrected me
    professionally and succinctly. Your willingness to share your
    knowledge is a great trait, fortunately shared by many on this and
    other Microsoft newsgroups. </brownnosing>

    I, for one, an going to make use of the MOCA site in the future.
    Thanks.

    Kelly

Windows 2000 Microsoft Servers Windows