3.3v power draw OCZ GamerXstrea 700w help!!

grimmysnr

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Recently i replaced my Antec 430w with the OCZ GamerXstream which was recommended by you guys. Overall im extremely pleased with the PSU since my Antec was having more voltage issues other than the 3.3v line.

However, with this new PSU it seems as if i get a minor dip below 5% on the 3.3v rail. Its only momentary and the PSU recovers till about mid 3.2v.

So my Antec had the same power draw on the 3.3v line with this MB. Since the problem duplicated... What could be creating this heavy draw? Could the MB be damaged? What is ran off the 3.3v line? I have 7 fans 2 are 5k rpm could this be the problem? Too many PCI components?

Thanks

**Edit**

I did some research and found that the AGP video card is powered by the 3.3v line which is my 5950 Ultra. I notice this power fluxes more during games which leads me to believe that this draw may be vid card related...any input?

grimmysnr

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
I dont have a multimeter unfortunately but i checked in the bios since it has a hardware monitor. Also while in Windows the Asus Probe that comes with the MB is set to +-5% threshold. All the other rails that my Antec was failing in are fine its just the 3.3v thats giving me trouble again. My 12v, 5v, and vcore were all lower on the Antec than what is being reported now.