Blocking IE and Netscape access to internet

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm running Win2K Adv. Server on my home network. I have
serveral users that log on to a single client machine.
How do I block a certain user's access to the internet?
I've tried parental controls, but he figured out how to
get around that one. I don't want to lock him out of the
internet completely, just during the hours that I'm not
home to "supervise" him.

Thanks in advance.

Brad,

You can do it in various ways, either by setting up Microsoft Proxy Server
and using the following to articles:

164882 Practical Recommendations for Securing Internet-Connected Windows NT
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=164882

174785 Packet Filter Driver Blocks All Non-Proxy Requests
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=174785

Or look for a hardware solution like LinkSys or Netgear that would allow you
to setup a Port Rule by time of day:

Linksys Parental Controls - Web Access
https://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=708

http://www.netgear.com/index.php

--
Hope this helps,
Mike Rosado

<http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

Delighting customers is our top priority. We welcome your valuable comments
and suggestions about how to improve the service we provide you. So if you
would like provided us feedback, feel free to e-mail my manager Brian
Pennington then click on the following e-mail hyperlink with a short
statement with regards to your Online support experience
<mailto:BPenning@microsoft.com?subject=Newsgroup_Experience&body=Brian,>.
Thank you.