can't install exchange - error 0xC1037AE6

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

Hi,

I have a new W2000AS which has been upgraded from WinNT4. It is the DC for
the organisation.

Also on the network are 4 W2003 servers, non of which are DCs (these are
application servers which I can't touch)

I need to install exchange on the 2000 box.

I get the above error, which has 6 entries in the KB.

I can't really understand these, so need some help.

I think it's to do with needing to seize the FSMO, but daren't press ahead
without some help.

Many thanks in advance if you can help me!

NEIL

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

Hi Neil,

My expertise by no means is Exchange, so I'll try to see if I can assist you
to the best of my ability. Have you already tried the resolutions outlined
in the following articles?

325316 XADM: You Cannot Run Setup with the /forestprep Switch
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325316

319944 XADM: "You Do Not Have Permission to Update the Active Directory
Schema"
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319944

256184 XADM: ForestPrep Fails with Extending the Schema Error
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=256184

328661 XADM: Running Exchange 2000 Setup with /Forestprep Switch Produces
Error
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328661

--
Hope this helps,
Mike Rosado

<http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

Delighting customers is our top priority. We welcome your valuable comments
and suggestions about how to improve the service we provide you. So if you
would like provided us feedback, feel free to e-mail my manager Brian
Pennington then click on the following e-mail hyperlink with a short
statement with regards to your Online support experience
<mailto:BPenning@microsoft.com?subject=Newsgroup_Experience&body=Brian,>.
Thank you.