Good games

Hello.
Can any of you recomend a game like Morrowind?
I have played through Morrowind many times stealing as
a thief or gathering plants and other ingredients as a mage.
In my oppinion, its a realy good game! Are there more
games like this out there? I tried Pirates Of The Caribbean,
but I hated the controls and it kept crashing on my PC...
Ive already played through Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Ive
pre-ordered Sid Meyer's: Pirates and have high hopes...

Sin.
Thomas

"Thomas Norse" <dvint.oppinion@c2i.net> wrote in message news:<zBqkd.4260$HA5.515295@juliett.dax.net>...
> Hello.
> Can any of you recomend a game like Morrowind?
> I have played through Morrowind many times stealing as
> a thief or gathering plants and other ingredients as a mage.
> In my oppinion, its a realy good game! Are there more
> games like this out there? I tried Pirates Of The Caribbean,
> but I hated the controls and it kept crashing on my PC...
> Ive already played through Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Ive
> pre-ordered Sid Meyer's: Pirates and have high hopes...
>
> Sin.
> Thomas

I can recommend Gothic and Gothic II along with its expansion "The
Night of the Raven".
The story and and character developement are not as free as in
Morrowind, but imho the atmosphere is better (and denser).
In Gothic you can join one of three camps and become (depending on
your choice) a warrior, an archer, a fire mage, a water mage or a
shaman (something alike at least), or even a thief, although you will
still need the fighting skills.
In Gothic II you can choose to become a warrior (Dragonslayer), a mage
or a paladin. This sounds less but it is not. Play to find out why :)

It is not necessary to play Gothic before Gothic II, but I highly
recommend it. And don't forget to install the expansion before
starting a Gothic II game.

The official web site is
http://www.piranha-bytes.com/gothic2/content_english/home.php
There you can find links to revies, e.g.
http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=927

And for all of you who think Morrowind is too easy: Gothic is a little
bit more challenging, Gothic II with expansion even more so.

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:38:07 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Thomas Norse" <dvint.oppinion@c2i.net> wrote:

>Hello.
>Can any of you recomend a game like Morrowind?
>I have played through Morrowind many times stealing as
>a thief or gathering plants and other ingredients as a mage.
>In my oppinion, its a realy good game! Are there more
>games like this out there? I tried Pirates Of The Caribbean,
>but I hated the controls and it kept crashing on my PC...
>Ive already played through Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Ive
>pre-ordered Sid Meyer's: Pirates and have high hopes...
>
>Sin.
>Thomas

If you like Space games, try Freelancer my Microsoft. The storyline may
seem a bit restrictive to some at first, however I think it makes the
game more enjoyable by adding an interesting bit of depth to the game...
Granted the fact that the game is easily expandable with mods that add
new Ships, Weapons, Solar Systems, Story Lines, and even give you the
option of Skipping the Games main storyline, make the game infinitely
playable!

BTW, I generally find most real time space combat to be almost
impossible for me to win with just two hands, however Freelancer's
combat system is so easy to use that I actually enjoy making scrap out
of enemy space craft and salvaging stuff to sell or use from their
wreckage! ^_^

If you want to check out available mods for Freelancer, check out:

http://www.lancersreactor.com/t/

Also if you buy Freelancer, I suggest you download and install
"Freelancer Mod Manager" to manage your mods and their saved games.

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Thomas Norse wrote:
> Hello.
> Can any of you recomend a game like Morrowind?
> I have played through Morrowind many times stealing as
> a thief or gathering plants and other ingredients as a mage.
> In my oppinion, its a realy good game! Are there more
> games like this out there? I tried Pirates Of The Caribbean,
> but I hated the controls and it kept crashing on my PC...
> Ive already played through Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Ive
> pre-ordered Sid Meyer's: Pirates and have high hopes...
>
> Sin.
> Thomas

Outcast! It's too bad the game never sold like it should, but you
seriously should check it out. At least read a review or two.

--
br0kenrabbit

'cause it's the stuff that don't work that gets the fixin'

On 11 Nov 2004 00:03:58 -0800, with the help of 10,000 Little Computer
Monkeys (LCM'S) Christian.Henrich@gmx.net (Xris) wrote:

>"Thomas Norse" <dvint.oppinion@c2i.net> wrote in message news:<zBqkd.4260$HA5.515295@juliett.dax.net>...
>> Hello.
>> Can any of you recomend a game like Morrowind?
>> I have played through Morrowind many times stealing as
>> a thief or gathering plants and other ingredients as a mage.
>> In my oppinion, its a realy good game! Are there more
>> games like this out there? I tried Pirates Of The Caribbean,
>> but I hated the controls and it kept crashing on my PC...
>> Ive already played through Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Ive
>> pre-ordered Sid Meyer's: Pirates and have high hopes...
>>
>> Sin.
>> Thomas
>
>I can recommend Gothic and Gothic II along with its expansion "The
>Night of the Raven".
>The story and and character developement are not as free as in
>Morrowind, but imho the atmosphere is better (and denser).
>In Gothic you can join one of three camps and become (depending on
>your choice) a warrior, an archer, a fire mage, a water mage or a
>shaman (something alike at least), or even a thief, although you will
>still need the fighting skills.
>In Gothic II you can choose to become a warrior (Dragonslayer), a mage
>or a paladin. This sounds less but it is not. Play to find out why :)
>
>It is not necessary to play Gothic before Gothic II, but I highly
>recommend it. And don't forget to install the expansion before
>starting a Gothic II game.
>
>The official web site is
>http://www.piranha-bytes.com/gothic2/content_english/home.php
>There you can find links to revies, e.g.
>http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=927
>
>And for all of you who think Morrowind is too easy: Gothic is a little
>bit more challenging, Gothic II with expansion even more so.

I agree, Both Gothic and Gothic II are Great Games! Though until now I
didn't know that there was an expansion for Gothic II. :( On the plus
side, I NOW know what my next game purchase is going to be! ^_^

Thanks for the info!