Nokia Seeks to Ban BlackBerry Handsets Over Patents

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]funguseater[/nom]New Corporate environment... Can't Compete----LITIGATE
Fungi[/citation]+1

This is just getting stupid.
Imagine if back in the 80's no one but Sony could make portable tape players(everyone was making the damn things) and cd players(same deal) in the 90's.

markem

Honorable
May 1, 2012
nokia is a government pawn attacking RIM bcoz its hated for not giving passwords to the USA, India, UK and many other countries

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]Cripplefight![/citation]
That's just wrong and it makes me mad that its funny as hell too.

[citation][nom]Old_Fogie_Late_Bloomer[/nom]I'm so glad I didn't go for a Lumia phone right now.[/citation] I'd been thinking that Nokia phones were just those redheaded stepchildren no one really wants. Is this no so...is Nokia successfully competing?

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
[citation][nom]fuzzion[/nom]Leave the peaceful canadians alone![/citation]
RIM responded with a strongly worded letter... then sent an apology and flowers for its outburst.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Nokia, the biggest holder of mobile patents ( owns, for example, about 50% of LTE patents ), the one with the least amount of bullshit patents, who rarely goes to court and usually settles outside. And you guys think they don't have a valid case?

Edit: History has basically shown that if Nokia takes you to the court, you've done something wrong.

sulanis

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
This whole patent war thing in the media now a days is getting ridiculous. Someone said before about the that "what if sony sued everyone over making a tape player"

How can you sue someone over WI-FI? its honestly used by Billions of devices across the world and we all need it. Its a standard set up by the IEEE to make it easier for all devices to talk to one another.

Its these kind of things that make me not want to buy a nokia product. I also boycotted apple products because they are a bunch of whining babies who need to get over themselves.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
[citation][nom]sulanis[/nom]This whole patent war thing in the media now a days is getting ridiculous. Someone said before about the that "what if sony sued everyone over making a tape player"How can you sue someone over WI-FI? its honestly used by Billions of devices across the world and we all need it. Its a standard set up by the IEEE to make it easier for all devices to talk to one another. Its these kind of things that make me not want to buy a nokia product. I also boycotted apple products because they are a bunch of whining babies who need to get over themselves.[/citation]
You do realize that those standards are created by someone right? After cutting their R&D about 70%, Nokia still has the biggest R&D budget in the mobile sector. Antenna designs aren't part of the standard either (although I don't know what this current issue is about).

Status
Not open for further replies.