Planned Conroe System Critique

Aegaeonos

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
I will be building a Conroe based system in the following weeks based on the e6600. Before I finish buying all the parts needed online I would like others to look over the componets that I have compiled and critique if they are the best choice for the price.

PSU

Hard Drive (I will be also using a not to old 200G ATA hard drive on my current computer as storage)

Memory
or
2nd choice memory

Motherboard

Optical Drive

Video Card (Already bought to get rebate)

Sound Card (Bought already when NewEgg had a deal on it)

Considering doing some OC'ing so will be getting aftermarket coolers
CPU cooler (match my case theme)

Not too sure if I should get a gpu cooler but if I do it would be this:
GPU Cooler

Not too sure on this monitor but for that price range it looks good.
LCD

And of course the CPU: E6600 when it is available

That is my list so far and I am open for changes as long as they are in the same price range. I've done some reading on this forum and from it I have compiled this list so I hope it will all work togather well.

Aegaeonos-

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
I will be building a Conroe based system in the following weeks based on the e6600. Before I finish buying all the parts needed online I would like others to look over the componets that I have compiled and critique if they are the best choice for the price.

PSU

Hard Drive (I will be also using a not to old 200G ATA hard drive on my current computer as storage)

Memory
or
2nd choice memory

Motherboard

Optical Drive

Video Card (Already bought to get rebate)

Sound Card (Bought already when NewEgg had a deal on it)

Considering doing some OC'ing so will be getting aftermarket coolers
CPU cooler (match my case theme)

Not too sure if I should get a gpu cooler but if I do it would be this:
GPU Cooler

Not too sure on this monitor but for that price range it looks good.
LCD

And of course the CPU: E6600 when it is available

That is my list so far and I am open for changes as long as they are in the same price range. I've done some reading on this forum and from it I have compiled this list so I hope it will all work togather well.

Aegaeonos-
Looks like a good setup. One thing to note, is that i965 motherboards only have one PATA port, so if you use the ATA hard drive, you will be limited to only one optical drive. Likewise, if you plan on using 2 optical drives, you're out of luck, unless you use an ATA controller card. GL :)

Aegaeonos

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Thanks 1Tanker I did'nt even notice that. I guess just using the DVD burner would be enough. I was planning on using my current DVD reader as second optical, but i guess I dont really need it anyway.

I heard a lot about raid 0 setup but is it really good to have?