Event ID 54

Robert

I have been finding multiple event IDs in my logs for one of my 2000 servers
that looks like this:

The description for Event ID ( 54 ) in Source ( RxFsFltr ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .

I find this logged around every server freeze. What is this and how can I
fix it?

Hi Robert,

I'm by no means an expert in this subject matter, but since no one has
responded to your posting then I'll try to assist you to the best of my
ability.

We had another customer report the Event ID 54 issue related for in Source
( RxFsFltr ) and the resolution turn out to be that they had to install the
following Service Pack from Veritas.

VERITAS Storage Replicator for Windows
Version 2.1 Service Pack 3

Hope this helps,
Mike Rosado
Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

<http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

Delighting customers is our top priority. We welcome your valuable comments
and suggestions about how to improve the service we provide you. So if you
would like provided us feedback, feel free to e-mail my manager Brian
Pennington then click on the following e-mail hyperlink with a short
statement with regards to your Online support experience
<mailto:BPenning@microsoft.com?subject=Newsgroup_Experience&body=Brian,>.
Thank you.