Anyone know how I can regain my interest in Morrowind?

I got the game early on for my X-Box, and made it to level 45 in about 3 or
4 days (just came off a 12 month everquest power-leveling kick, no I do not
play EQ anymore I made it out!!!) and since then I got the PC version hoping
it would be more fun with the add on mods and expansions.

But I just can not get into the game again. I have played the entire series
and this happens at one point or another. I've tried playing with zero
luck, or never leveling up endurance/magic/str/ or what ever. but I usually
don't make it longer than 1 to 4 hours and then I stop playing for a month
or longer.

I think it is a great game, although it has a flawed system and I think the
programmers could learn from previous elder scroll games, but that is a
different topic.

Anyone have any ideas on how to relight the flame of excitement here? or
should I just move on?

btw I once played and beat the game in 6-8 hours without really cheating, I
just made a lot of potions and ran straight to the last guy, I killed him
the first time, but when I went to fight him the second time the game locked
up while he was dying (I have been able to repeat this many times, with lock
up). I did this on the original X-Box version.

"joel's RR" <finndo@sc.rr.com> wrote in message news:<2sBkd.50994$Jb.1963366@twister.southeast.rr.com>...
> I got the game early on for my X-Box, and made it to level 45 in about 3 or
> 4 days (just came off a 12 month everquest power-leveling kick, no I do not
> play EQ anymore I made it out!!!) and since then I got the PC version hoping
> it would be more fun with the add on mods and expansions.
>
> But I just can not get into the game again. I have played the entire series
> and this happens at one point or another. I've tried playing with zero
> luck, or never leveling up endurance/magic/str/ or what ever. but I usually
> don't make it longer than 1 to 4 hours and then I stop playing for a month
> or longer.
>
> I think it is a great game, although it has a flawed system and I think the
> programmers could learn from previous elder scroll games, but that is a
> different topic.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to relight the flame of excitement here? or
> should I just move on?
>

> btw I once played and beat the game in 6-8 hours without really cheating, I
> just made a lot of potions and ran straight to the last guy, I killed him
> the first time, but when I went to fight him the second time the game locked
> up while he was dying (I have been able to repeat this many times, with lock
> up). I did this on the original X-Box version.

I hope this will not become a "which plugin is a must-have"-thread.
But for more challenging gameplay and more quests I would recommend
one of the adventurers plugins
http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/adventurers/adventurers.html
and the Illuminated Order
http://www.hiredgoons.net/MWFiles/IlluminatedOrder/
You can also look for the Balmora Expansion plugin and there are
several others plugin which will add to the game. Search the newsgroup
for post recommending plugins and mods.