Disappearing print queues

gotcha

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2003

we have 2 w2k nodes: prnt001a & prnt001b, on the virtual server we have
prnt001 and prnt002. Print queues are either setup on either prnt001 or
prnt002.
What we've been finding is that if the resources failover from prnt001b to
prnt001a, there are several print queues that 'disappear'. They then
re-appear once we fail the resources back to prnt001b.
It's not all the print queues, but only some.
Any ideas on why this is happening and what to do to stop it happening?

Iain
iain@firmbyte.com

Hi Iain,

See if increasing your Quorum Log size as documented in the following
article resolves your issue. Depending on the amount of printers defined,
4,096 may not be enough for Quorum Log size and may need to be increased to
a larger number.

257897 MSCS Printer Shares May Not Come Online If Quorum Log Is Too Small
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=257897

--
Hope this helps,
Mike Rosado

<http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

Delighting customers is our top priority. We welcome your valuable comments
and suggestions about how to improve the service we provide you. So if you
would like provided us feedback, feel free to e-mail my manager Brian
Pennington then click on the following e-mail hyperlink with a short
statement with regards to your Online support experience
<mailto:BPenning@microsoft.com?subject=Newsgroup_Experience&body=Brian,>.
Thank you.