Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

The SNMP Service keeps starting(eventid 1001) and
terminating(eventid 7031) unexpectedly.
How can this be resolved?

I await your comments.

Hi Kenny,

I'm by no means an expert in this subject matter of SNMP, but since no one
has responded to your posting then I'll try to assist you to the best of my
ability.

Are the description for these Events 1001 & 7031 similar to the following?

The description for Event ID ( 1001 ) in Source ( SNMP ) cannot be found.
The
local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
DLL
files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information
is
part of the event: .

The description for Event ID ( 7031 ) in Source ( Service Control Manager )
cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
The following information is part of the event: SNMP Service, 12, 0, 0, No
action.

If so, have you tried uninstalling SNMP, reboot.
Reinstall SNMP, reboot.
Reapply SP4, reboot.
Then see if you're still experiencing the Events 1001 & 7031 for SNMP.

--
Hope this helps,
Mike Rosado

<http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

Delighting customers is our top priority. We welcome your valuable comments
and suggestions about how to improve the service we provide you. So if you
would like provided us feedback, feel free to e-mail my manager Brian
Pennington then click on the following e-mail hyperlink with a short
statement with regards to your Online support experience
<mailto:BPenning@microsoft.com?subject=Newsgroup_Experience&body=Brian,>.
Thank you.