lost connection Between station and clustering server

Some station lost access to clustering resource after it's hibernate, what
should I do, can you advice me,

Hi M. Kady,

Please elaborate on the problem some more. What hibernated, the server or
the workstation? What events to you experience in the Event Viewer? What
type of resources are you talking about, printers, file share, Exchange,
SQL, etc.?

--
Thanks in advance,
Mike Rosado

<http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

> Some station lost access to clustering resource after it's hibernate, what
> should I do, can you advice me,

Dear Mr.Mike ,
I Highly appreciates your interest
When the workstation hibernated or restart it lost the home folder or map
driver
(I make file shares resources in clustering service as describe in Q224967
and Q256926)
One more thing, when I try to copy into or from this map it become too much
slow,
best regards

"Mike Rosado [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi M. Kady,
>
> Please elaborate on the problem some more. What hibernated, the server or
> the workstation? What events to you experience in the Event Viewer? What
> type of resources are you talking about, printers, file share, Exchange,
> SQL, etc.?
>
> --
> Thanks in advance,
> Mike Rosado
> Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
> Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
> Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

> <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

M. Kady,

OK, I could be mistaken but as I understand the problem to be related to the
workstation and not the Cluster server. What could be happening is that the
network interface card (NIC) is not "Wake On LAN" ready, or if it is then
the drivers need to be update or the BIOS need to be updated to support
Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) power management as
mentioned in the following article reference link below.

246821 "Wake on LAN" Feature May Not Work on DeskPro 810
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=246821

Even thought the article below is not Windows XP specific, may give you some
ideas on how to troubleshoot the issue:

266169 How to troubleshoot problems with standby mode, hibernate mode, and
shutting down your computer in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266169

--
Hope this helps,
Mike Rosado
Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

<http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

> When the workstation hibernated or restart it lost the home folder or map
> driver
> (I make file shares resources in clustering service as describe in Q224967
> and Q256926)
> One more thing, when I try to copy into or from this map it become too
much
> slow,
> best regards
>
> "Mike Rosado [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Hi M. Kady,
> >
> > Please elaborate on the problem some more. What hibernated, the server
or
> > the workstation? What events to you experience in the Event Viewer?
What
> > type of resources are you talking about, printers, file share, Exchange,
> > SQL, etc.?
> >
> > --
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Mike Rosado
> > Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
> > Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
> > Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

> > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
> > that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

rights.
> > <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

Dera Mr.Mike
I received your advice with thanks, so I going to check it know
Best Regards,
m.Kady

"Mike Rosado [MSFT]" wrote:

> M. Kady,
>
> OK, I could be mistaken but as I understand the problem to be related to the
> workstation and not the Cluster server. What could be happening is that the
> network interface card (NIC) is not "Wake On LAN" ready, or if it is then
> the drivers need to be update or the BIOS need to be updated to support
> Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) power management as
> mentioned in the following article reference link below.
>
> 246821 "Wake on LAN" Feature May Not Work on DeskPro 810
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=246821
>
> Even thought the article below is not Windows XP specific, may give you some
> ideas on how to troubleshoot the issue:
>
> 266169 How to troubleshoot problems with standby mode, hibernate mode, and
> shutting down your computer in Windows 2000
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266169
>
> --
> Hope this helps,
> Mike Rosado
> Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
> Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
> Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

> <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

Dear sir
When I try to copy into or from the mapnetwork driver it become too much
slow
When I copy between any stations, (without access to shard storage), it gave
me go speed,
( I have sharing storage device Compaq smart array 500,include four 72 GB
diskettes 15k installed as raid 5 , and made four partition ( all NTFS) one
of them is 500m as quorum (Q),another for data ( F,H,G) , and made sharing
file resource for folder inside F include sub folder for users with
permeation full control to each user on its subfolder )
Kindly, What should I do to increase the copy speed,

"m.kady" wrote:

> Dera Mr.Mike
> I received your advice with thanks, so I going to check it know
> Best Regards,
> m.Kady
>
> "Mike Rosado [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > M. Kady,
> >
> > OK, I could be mistaken but as I understand the problem to be related to the
> > workstation and not the Cluster server. What could be happening is that the
> > network interface card (NIC) is not "Wake On LAN" ready, or if it is then
> > the drivers need to be update or the BIOS need to be updated to support
> > Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) power management as
> > mentioned in the following article reference link below.
> >
> > 246821 "Wake on LAN" Feature May Not Work on DeskPro 810
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=246821
> >
> > Even thought the article below is not Windows XP specific, may give you some
> > ideas on how to troubleshoot the issue:
> >
> > 266169 How to troubleshoot problems with standby mode, hibernate mode, and
> > shutting down your computer in Windows 2000
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266169
> >
> > --
> > Hope this helps,
> > Mike Rosado
> > Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
> > Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
> > Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

> > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
> > that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

> > <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

M. Kady,

The only suggestion that comes to mind at the moment, would be to disable
Write Disk Caching (also known as Write-Back or Write-Through Caching).

332023 Slow Disk Performance When Write Caching Is Enabled
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=332023

--
Hope this helps,
Mike Rosado
Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

<http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

> When I try to copy into or from the mapnetwork driver it become too much
> slow
> When I copy between any stations, (without access to shard storage), it
gave
> me go speed,
> ( I have sharing storage device Compaq smart array 500,include four 72
GB
> diskettes 15k installed as raid 5 , and made four partition ( all NTFS)
one
> of them is 500m as quorum (Q),another for data ( F,H,G) , and made sharing
> file resource for folder inside F include sub folder for users with
> permeation full control to each user on its subfolder )
> Kindly, What should I do to increase the copy speed,
>

> "m.kady" wrote:
>
> > Dera Mr.Mike
> > I received your advice with thanks, so I going to check it know
> > Best Regards,
> > m.Kady
> >
> > "Mike Rosado [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> > > M. Kady,
> > >
> > > OK, I could be mistaken but as I understand the problem to be related
to the
> > > workstation and not the Cluster server. What could be happening is
that the
> > > network interface card (NIC) is not "Wake On LAN" ready, or if it is
then
> > > the drivers need to be update or the BIOS need to be updated to
support
> > > Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) power management as
> > > mentioned in the following article reference link below.
> > >
> > > 246821 "Wake on LAN" Feature May Not Work on DeskPro 810
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=246821
> > >
> > > Even thought the article below is not Windows XP specific, may give
you some
> > > ideas on how to troubleshoot the issue:
> > >
> > > 266169 How to troubleshoot problems with standby mode, hibernate mode,
and
> > > shutting down your computer in Windows 2000
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266169
> > >
> > > --
> > > Hope this helps,
> > > Mike Rosado
> > > Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
> > > Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
> > > Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies
> > >
> > > ====================================================
> > > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
> > > that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
> > > ====================================================

rights.
> > > <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

Please Mr. Mike,
I hope to inform you that I used windows server 2003 enterprise edition for
server and all stations have windows xp ,
thanks,
Regards
Kady ( S.E.R.A int)

"Mike Rosado [MSFT]" wrote:

> M. Kady,
>
> The only suggestion that comes to mind at the moment, would be to disable
> Write Disk Caching (also known as Write-Back or Write-Through Caching).
>
> 332023 Slow Disk Performance When Write Caching Is Enabled
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=332023
>
> --
> Hope this helps,
> Mike Rosado
> Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
> Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
> Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

> <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

Dear Sir
For lost mapped drive some time, I find some thing good in article 297684
Regards
m.Kady