update from a german to a english enterprise 2003 version

hello is an update from a german advance server 2000 version to an english
enterprise 2003 version possible. thx

Hi Cristiane,

My understanding is that it's an unsupported upgrade path, to put it simply
because the code tree between language are different. What we mean by
unsupported, is that if you try to upgrade the German localized version of
Windows 2000 to English localized version of Windows 2003 and stumble across
a bug then we could not escalate the issue up to development.

If you call Microsoft, we will always do "Best Effort" support to resolve
your issue, but we could not escalate the issue up to development.

--
Hope this helps,
Mike Rosado

<http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

> hello is an update from a german advance server 2000 version to an english
> enterprise 2003 version possible. thx

hello,
and can i upgrade a advance server 2000 to a standard server 2003 (both
german), i am just using the 4cpu support of the advanced server nothing
else?i got different answers concerning that question! i doesn't seem to be
a supported both eather.
thx

"Mike Rosado [MSFT]" <mikeros@online.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi Cristiane,
>
> My understanding is that it's an unsupported upgrade path, to put it
simply
> because the code tree between language are different. What we mean by
> unsupported, is that if you try to upgrade the German localized version of
> Windows 2000 to English localized version of Windows 2003 and stumble
across
> a bug then we could not escalate the issue up to development.
>
> If you call Microsoft, we will always do "Best Effort" support to resolve
> your issue, but we could not escalate the issue up to development.
>
> --
> Hope this helps,
> Mike Rosado
> Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
> Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
> Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

rights.
> <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

Cristiane,

As long as it's the same language, you should not have a problem upgrading
from Windows 2000 Server to 2003. See the following article reference link
for more details.

810613 Supported paths for upgrading to Windows Server 2003 or to Windows
Small
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=810613

This article reference link below provides you a presentation which may be
very helpful for you to review.

812954 Support WebCast: Microsoft Windows Server 2003: Upgrading Windows
2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=812954

Since your have a German language version of Windows 2000 Server, it would
be best for you to call the local Microsoft office to consult before
upgrading. If not possible since I'm by no means an expert in this subject
matter of upgrading localized languages, then I'll try to assist you to the
best of my ability.

As I understand it from reading the following to article reference links
below, you might have to change the Language and Locale setting in Control
Panel. I personally have not tried it, which is the reason I recommended
consulting with you local Microsoft Technical Support in your area.

282089 "The Language of This Installation of Windows Differs from the One
You
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=282089

292246 List of languages supported in Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=292246

These other article reference links are the only reasons I've been able to
find why an upgrade to Windows Server 2003 would fail.

817873 "STOP 0x0000008E" Error Message Occurs When You Upgrade to Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=817873

816907 SCSI Driver Is Not Updated After You Upgrade from Windows 2000 to
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=816907

323042 Required User Rights for the Upgrade from Windows 2000 to Windows
Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=323042

293783 Cannot Upgrade Windows 2000 Server to Windows Server 2003 with
Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=293783

823762 You receive a "Windows Setup does not support upgrading from
Microsoft
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823762

280319 Error message when upgrading computer that runs Internet Locator
service
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=280319

319091 Windows Server 2003 May Not Use Multiple Processors with Some Pentium
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319091