Perplexing motherboard function!

On my Socket 478 motherboard there is a function called "Auto-detect pci-clocks?" with 2 options "enable" and "disabled".

I was wondering does anyone know what these functions might do, because they seem to do nothing at all! I am well and truly perplexed.

Motheboard:
i845GE Socket 478
Model: MS-6714
Revision B1.

If anyone knows what this function does i would greatly appreciate them telling me.

Cheers,

Quantum Sheep.
7 answers Last reply
More about perplexing motherboard function
  1. *bump*

Is everyone as perplexed as me?
  2. Quote:
    *bump*

Is everyone as perplexed as me?

I'm just really tired, stupid work...
  3. Enable Auto detect PCI clock (this detects used/unused PCI slots and alots resources accordingly...disabling will alot resources to all PCI slots, regardless of whether they're in use).

from http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/3528-p4-3e-ghz-questions-more-overclock.html
  4. Must be nice to have strebornnelg doing all your research for you.
  5. I'm lazy, and i do do research for other people.

That is when i'm not in a lazy mood of course.
  6. Quote:
    Enable Auto detect PCI clock (this detects used/unused PCI slots and alots resources accordingly...disabling will alot resources to all PCI slots, regardless of whether they're in use).

from http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/3528-p4-3e-ghz-questions-more-overclock.html

Thanks a lot man.
  7. Quote:
    On my Socket 478 motherboard there is a function called "Auto-detect pci-clocks?" with 2 options "enable" and "disabled".

I was wondering does anyone know what these functions might do, because they seem to do nothing at all! I am well and truly perplexed.

Motheboard:
    i845GE Socket 478
    Model: MS-6714
    Revision B1.

If anyone knows what this function does i would greatly appreciate them telling me.

Cheers,

Quantum Sheep.

I now have one more question.

Does anyone know if it's possible to lock the pci bus on this motherboard?
Ask a new question

Read More

MSI-Microstar PCI Socket Motherboards