celticbattlepants

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Hi,

I have an unopened 2 year old tube of AS5. Does this stuff degrade at all over time?

The Arctic Silver website says it has a shelf life of 24 months, so I expect it will be fine. It also says that the particles in it settle out of suspension gradually, so I guess thats why it says 24 months. Again, the website also says that if you resuspend the particles (give it a good mixing), it will be fine. How you give it a good mix without emptying the whole tube is beyond me though.

Its 99.9% real silver what do you think?

If it was 99.9% real silver then it would be a solid metal and be worth more.

Artics Silver 5 contains 99.9% pure silver. Meaning whatever amount of silver is being used that silver is 99.9% pure.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/as5.htm

Contains 99.9% pure silver:
Arctic Silver 5 uses three unique shapes and sizes of pure silver particles to maximize particle-to-particle contact area and thermal transfer.

High-Density:
Arctic Silver 5 contains over 88% thermally Conductive filler by weight. In addition to micronized silver, Arctic Silver 5 also contains sub-micron zinc oxide, aluminum oxide and boron nitride particles. These thermally-enhanced ceramic particles improve the compound's performance and long-term stability.

TRENDING THREADS