Reg: User account locked out

arun

Hi,
I am having a Stand alone Windows 2000 advanced server
with only one user i.e. Administrator. This user has been
locked out due number of failed attempts and the server is
currently locked. I want to reset the password or want a
solution so that i can access my server.

Kindly advice..

Hi Arun,

Unfortunately, there's no way to change an Administrator's password if it's
lost or forgotten. See the article below.

258289 Windows 2000 Logon Passwords
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=258289

--
Hope this helps,
Mike Rosado

<http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 03:41:14 -0700, "Arun" <arunsuri59@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I am having a Stand alone Windows 2000 advanced server
>with only one user i.e. Administrator. This user has been
>locked out due number of failed attempts and the server is
>currently locked. I want to reset the password or want a
>solution so that i can access my server.
>
>Kindly advice..

Try tip 1984 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP