AMD / INTEL unfair benchmarks???

king_solomon

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2006
They test .13 micron Athlon 2400+ with .9 micron Pentium 4 2800 MHz. because they say AMD do not have a latest processor. Of course we buy best in the market.
They test Pentium 4 3.2 GHz with AMD Athlon 64 FX-62/4800+/5800+ (which has on chip memory controller) and say “huh Intel suks”
Because P4 3.2 GHz is the best intel one. Isn’t it unfair? They both have good sides and bad sides.

Then they test .65 micron core 2 duo with .9 micron Athlon 64 FX-62.
Hmm AMD suks. And they do not have a rode map for a new processor for next 1 year.

Yah ppl get late all the time.
AMD took more than 1 year to build their Great “Athlon” while intel was already running P!!!.
Then intel release P4 to beat Athlon. Hmm after two years. Then came Athlon 64 with go beyond wildest P4. then came Core 2 duo. Next what.. AMD K-10

This is my point. We all beat out opponent over time. It is just a matter of time they do to same to us. We ( we and opposite) have our own methods to beat other, we may on separate paths, but we do what we need.

GET WHAT BEST FOR U. SOMETHING U CAN USE GOOD TIME FOR “UR” MONEY.

Buy what u like. What u need. It may be not the best comparing to others ideas. But it is what you like.
Do not ask around “hey what is best”?.. if this happens in the past, humans may never in the place now. We learn from our mistakes. We give our knowledge to younger generation. This is why we have books.
Do not ask, learn urself. Ppl who change the world never asked “hey papa how we do this”, they learn themselves.

“Arm with knowledge best u can, before u ask, criticize”

AMD FANBOY:

I love AMD, I’m using AMD since AMD 486, I love ATi.
Because they release quality products, which has a value for the price we pay.
I do not have money to offer (I’m in Sri Lanka and still a student) to buy a Athlon 64 or a P4EE (but I read lot). So I try plain Athlon Xp. It is a killer for its price. So do the Sempron. Where is Celeron? Hellooooooooo?
And a Celeron can beet a Sempron with same performance rating.
AMD little people.

I think the people who enter battle last with good force win it. Because others may ran out of ammo. But be aware it may be a trick.
Ex: Who brings the performance rating, on speed? Mm I think AMD did?
Now Intel Doing it Better?
What next from AMD. A 16 core CPU with on chip 16 GPU cores (one for one) for $2000.
I love to see Intel fan boys eyes if this happen.
“I wish on AMD to follow our Dreams”
Haha.

Why bother to buy a computer.
Build a game u like in your mind. Play it on mind. U can mod it while playing as ur wish. Coz it is lot fast and good for ur mind.
Benchmark each others brain. Everyone himself/herself good at something. Most of the time they do not go on their best path.
This is same to the CPUs.

We buy big, heavy, expensive things. Because we need to satisfy ourselves. Comparing to others. But do not do that.

Weeble

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004
They test .13 micron Athlon 2400+ with .9 micron Pentium 4 2800 MHz. because they say AMD do not have a latest processor. Of course we buy best in the market.
They test Pentium 4 3.2 GHz with AMD Athlon 64 FX-62/4800+/5800+ (which has on chip memory controller) and say “huh Intel suks”
Because P4 3.2 GHz is the best intel one. Isn’t it unfair? They both have good sides and bad sides.

Hmm AMD suks. And they do not have a rode map for a new processor for next 1 year.

AMD took more than 1 year to build their Great “Athlon” while intel was already running P!!!.
Then intel release P4 to beat Athlon. Hmm after two years. Then came Athlon 64 with go beyond wildest P4. then came Core 2 duo. Next what.. AMD K-10

This is my point. We all beat out opponent over time. It is just a matter of time they do to same to us. We ( we and opposite) have our own methods to beat other, we may on separate paths, but we do what we need.

Buy what u like. What u need. It may be not the best comparing to others ideas. But it is what you like.
Do not ask around “hey what is best”?.. if this happens in the past, humans may never in the place now. We learn from our mistakes. We give our knowledge to younger generation. This is why we have books.
Do not ask, learn urself. Ppl who change the world never asked “hey papa how we do this”, they learn themselves.

AMD FANBOY:

I do not have money to offer (I’m in Sri Lanka and still a student) to buy a Athlon 64 or a P4EE (but I read lot). So I try plain Athlon Xp. It is a killer for its price. So do the Sempron. Where is Celeron? Hellooooooooo?
AMD little people.

I think the people who enter battle last with good force win it. Because others may ran out of ammo. But be aware it may be a trick.
What next from AMD. A 16 core CPU with on chip 16 GPU cores (one for one) for $2000.
Haha.

Build a game u like in your mind. Play it on mind. U can mod it while playing as ur wish. Coz it is lot fast and good for ur mind.
Benchmark each others brain. Everyone himself/herself good at something. Most of the time they do not go on their best path.

We buy big, heavy, expensive things. Because we need to satisfy ourselves. Comparing to others. But do not do that.

People who have changed the world have often learned from others whether directly or by reviewing their mistakes. Groundbreaking leaders took instruction and inspiration from others, scientists often built on the work of others before them. There is no reason for people not to ask questions of those better informed than themselves other than a wish to remain wholly ignorant of anyones position but their own. Some of the most ignorant people on this forum alone are the ones convinced that only there version of the 'truth' has any merit or value. The issue for people who make a difference is not that they did not ask the question but that they challenged the answer.

In any case while I agree people should buy whatever they like I don't think benchmarks are 'unfair'. mostly because silicon is not human, it has no emotion and it requires no emotional consideration. Benchmarking CPU's isn't like playing in the playground, its simply judging what each company proclaims as best performing at that time against what is claimed by another. Its interesting that some fans of AMD call this 'unfair'..it seems to me its simply something you can ignore if it bugs you that much.

If technology companies move at different speeds their respective outputs are going to be relative in development when compared, this in turn as things move on again will swing the pendulum from one to another..is it 'fair'? Who really cares, it is life.

As for the idea that people should not buy a PC but instead play games in their heads I am sure that's very laudable as a sentiment but as this is a hardware forum I fear people are interested in PC's and quite want to own one. Additionally, thought it might come as a surprise, some people here don't use PC's just for playing games and running e-manhood benchmarks but actually for work and education where speed and capacity make a difference to more than which 'noob' you can own in a random shooter.

nel

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2004
people always settle for the best stuff especially if they have the money othewise they have to go within their budget,,, best is always better than anything (KEEP THAT IN YOUR MIND),,, is like buying car,,, why buy a geo metro if you can but a mustang,,, they have the same purpose isn't it,,, so, before you say anything try to be true to your self....

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
For someone using the handle "King Solomon" I didn't find much wisdom in your post at all. Sorry.
We're all wasting time caring about AMD's and Intel's business, analyzing and making predictions while we should just use those dam CPUs, read benchmarks and draw our own conclusions. I think nobody here is really wise :lol:

Talking about this topisc; The whole crap of this world is unfair, not surprised about CPU industry. We all got to survive.

Da_Banig

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006

AMD FANBOY:

AMD little people.

Haha.

You really have time to type all those gibberish? Man, you don't compare unknown products, you compare the current products. And currently it is FX-62 and Core 2 Xtreme X6800. I think you need to seek help AMD fanboy...

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
You really have time to type all those gibberish? Man, you don't compare unknown products, you compare the current products. And currently it is FX-62 and Core 2 Xtreme X6800. I think you need to seek help AMD fanboy...

We're all fanboys; some are moderate, some are not, some have their reasons others have none. For one thing I am sure though; you're more an Intel fanboy than he's an AMD as he didn't state anything clear.

Eviltwin17

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2006
how is that unfair benchmarking? We use benchmarks to compare processors. We know amd is behind. Amd will catch up and possibly get ahead of intel. It happens all the time. Intel got ahead with its pentium 3. Amd got ahead with its athlonxp and 64. The cycle repeats itself and so on and so on. So how does this have anything to do with unfair when we are just comparing 2 different processors?

muffins

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
people always settle for the best stuff especially if they have the money othewise they have to go within their budget,,, best is always better than anything (KEEP THAT IN YOUR MIND),,, is like buying car,,, why buy a geo metro if you can but a mustang,,, they have the same purpose isn't it,,, so, before you say anything try to be true to your self....

i know this is WAY off topic...but are u sayin that a mustang is the best?because thats just silly

MrCommunistGen

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
I like my Subaru Impreza WRX wagon :D Its fast, practical (you can stick a bunch of stuff in it), and when I drive it like a sane person I get good milage on it... too bad it takes premium. I have a bike too.

So are computers with more "Emm Bees" (MBs) faster or slower?? :wink:

-mcg

4745454b

Titan
I also don't understand why the manufacturing process matters. I would a good 90nm process could kick the crap out of a 65nm process. Its just the size of the transistors, it speaks nothing about design, logic, etc.

Do not ask around “hey what is best”?..

Why not? If your going to buy a computer, do you not want the best??? If I'm going to spend ~$175 on a chip, do I want the x2 4200, or the 6300? If considering only performance of the chip, I should get the 6300, as it is faster. Why should I spend the same amount of money on something slower? (You need to factor other things in, like more expsensive motherboards, or lack of SLI support in Intel motherboards.) Buying what you like is called brand loyalty. (from my econ classes, around here they call it fanboyism.) It isn't bad per se, but it can cause you to buy a lower performing product.
I also don't see a problem with asking people what is better/best. There are three types of people in this world. The dumb ones who can't/don't learn from their own mistakes. The "normal" ones who do learn from their own mistakes, and the last, the smart ones who learn from other peoples mistakes. There is nothing wrong with trying to be a smart person and ask "whats the best I can do with $xxxx?"

TRENDING THREADS