Computer freezing (edit: flash problem?)

ricroma

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Hi,

I guess this is one of the infinite computer freezing post. But I'll appreciate all the advices.

Lately I experience frequent freezes I don't have the slightest idea where they came from. I've noticed that they tend to happen when flash players of some sort are opened. The CPU gets crazy, the computer freezes for a couple of minutes and then everything is back to normal. This is very odd, since it's 1 year I have this computer and never happened something like this.

Here are my specs:

CPU: intel i7
RAM: 4gb
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage II

Just in case: I clean my registry every day, with Fixcleaner. All my drivers are updated as well as software (the flash problem happens both with Firefox or IE). As far s I can tell, my Panda antivirus says that the computer is clean. Fed up, I've even tried to reinstrall Windows, but nothing, the freezes are still there.

I know my information are not too detailed, but I really I don't have any idea, please ask me that may be useful. This is getting annoying.

Thanks,

Ricroma

Try another motherboard?? LOL

Anyways, Panda is terrible. Fixcleaner? Cmon, don't use that crap. I've never cleaned my registry and don't have any problems. I do however re-install Windows every 5-6months.

So if you having freezing in Flash, you obviously updated your Flash right?

You have to do it on IE and Firefox if you plan to use both.

Update Java?

ricroma

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
I've updated all the components more than once: java, flash, etc.

Ironically, my ASUS rampage II is the newest addittion to my computer since my old motherboard got into an accident... with my cat! (lol, I know, but it's true). The problem was there even with the old motherboard, and I was secretly hoping that changing the motherboard would have helped. Didn't happen.

I'm thinking to try another fresh Windows installation once I'll be done with some important work.

By the way, ok, I'll not use Fixcleaner. About Panda. I personally thought it was pretty good, but I'm not an expert. Can someone suggest anoter internet security solution without spending too much and without get into much computer tuning (like: one antivirus, different firewall then 5 different maleware detectors, ecc.).

Thanks a lot.