Replace Polycom ViewStation's Video Cam

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

How easy is it to replace a damaged video cam on a Polycom ViewStation 512?

I have a most recent ViewStation model with a D10 video cam. Thank in
advance!

JacK Lee

E-mail: jacklee (at) extremenode.com

http://www.extremenode.com

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

I used to replace the ones that had the Sony EVI-D30 cameras all the
time.
Unfortunatly, the new style ones are actually a Sony EVI-D10 (the top
part of the D100).
If you can get a D10 it is easy. You might be able to use a D-100 if
you take off the base and related parts. I can't imagine Sony making
two seperate products. I havn't done it yet, so i don't know.

You could most likely just get it replaced by Polycom as it should
still be under warranty if it has the new D10 camera head.
(Sometimes, if you tell them the camera head is chattering they'll
advance replace it as the early D10 & D100 cameras from sony had
"issues" with the direct drive motors.)