AMD's 2008 New Architechture

Sonic_Reducer

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
shurely it's a retorical question, but i think they are cooking something for shure, some new architecthure in wich you will not need a computer just your mind to use it . :p

DrBlofeld

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
This is not K8L isnt it then what is it

How about this one: :)

That is not K8L is it not what then it is

I get it, its like a word game. :lol: Now somebody else has to change the words around and make up a new "sentence".

Not really a post about computers, but you started an interesting game!

BGP_Spook

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
K10 development was halted some time ago or rather is reported to have been halted.

Probably the best info you can get about it without too much digging is here.
Admittedly, one of the sources sighted is the inquirer, though.
So there may be no truth to it.

But with AMD's tightliped stance on development more than ~12-18 months off your guess is as good as mine.

foshizzle

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2006
I followed your link and then went on to read their article on K8L where it says:

From Wikipedia:

K8L comes after the revision G of the AMD64 microprocessors. The name K8L avoids poor marketing using the name K9 (see canine). AMD decided to call the next generation K8.5(K8.50.) K8V could have been used, but many motherboard makers do integrate the K8V into their model names, so AMD decided to use the roman numeral L for 50 to minimize confusion.

That's strange that AMD would do something to avoid poor marketing. As far as I can tell, their marketing department is totally retarded. I mean, has anyone seen the AMD Live! logo? And my recent favorite: "Quad Father" instead of 4x4. How dumb does that sound?

Ok sorry for the mini rant there.

Anyway on topic:

*Ahem*

it isnt not K8L then This is it is what

:p