Buckmoth Legion mission...

I got a mission that told me that this guy Indros Varya (or something like
that) was a suspected smuggler in Ald'Ruhn. I was instructed to bring back
any dwemer artifacts I found in his place. Okay, so I went there, and I
searched the entire hut top to bottom and found absolutely no trace of
dwemer in the whole place. He's got 3 locked chests, 2 of which contain
some raw ebony, which is possibly suspect, but that wasn't what she was
looking for apparently. (Plus, I don't know any way to get the ebony out
without the guy seeing me take it. He's standing right there. He seemed to
have no problem with me picking the locks right in front of him, though...)
I even killed the guy and searched his body and found nothing of interest.
(That lets you get the next quest, but it's obviously not the right way to
do it, so I reloaded.) I tried bribing and other persuasive techniques and
got the guy up to 100 disposition, but he didn't have any new information
for me that he didn't have before. I even tried a TCL in the console and
looked around the place from the outside in case I missed something in the
corners or behind the furniture, but there was no sign of anything dwemer in
the place. Should I go find my own dwemer artifacts and pretend I found
them at his place? Seems a tad dishonest, and I don't know if it would work
or not. Or is this yet another case where the evidence is somewhere else
altogether, and the game designers decided to be jerks and not give you the
slightest clue where? (They seem to do that way too often. My favorite
annoying trick is when they say "It's southeast of here", and fail to
mention how far southeast, and then it turns out to be like 100 miles
away...)

"Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so> wrote in message
>I got a mission that told me that this guy Indros Varya (or something like
> that) was a suspected smuggler in Ald'Ruhn. I was instructed to bring
> back
> any dwemer artifacts I found in his place. Okay, so I went there, and I
> searched the entire hut top to bottom and found absolutely no trace of
> dwemer in the whole place. He's got 3 locked chests, 2 of which contain
> some raw ebony, which is possibly suspect, but that wasn't what she was
> looking for apparently. (Plus, I don't know any way to get the ebony out
> without the guy seeing me take it. He's standing right there. He seemed
> have no problem with me picking the locks right in front of him,
> though...)
> I even killed the guy and searched his body and found nothing of interest.
> (That lets you get the next quest, but it's obviously not the right way to
> do it, so I reloaded.) I tried bribing and other persuasive techniques
> and
> got the guy up to 100 disposition, but he didn't have any new information
> for me that he didn't have before. I even tried a TCL in the console and
> looked around the place from the outside in case I missed something in the
> corners or behind the furniture, but there was no sign of anything dwemer
> in
> the place. Should I go find my own dwemer artifacts and pretend I found
> them at his place? Seems a tad dishonest, and I don't know if it would
> work
> or not. Or is this yet another case where the evidence is somewhere else
> altogether, and the game designers decided to be jerks and not give you
> the
> slightest clue where? (They seem to do that way too often. My favorite
> annoying trick is when they say "It's southeast of here", and fail to
> mention how far southeast, and then it turns out to be like 100 miles
> away...)

Jump up on one of the tables where the guy is standing. You'll see the
artifact hidden among the stuff on the table. Just pick it up, the guy won't
do anything to stop you.

Doug

sarah

"Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so> wrote in message

>I got a mission that told me that this guy Indros Varya (or something like
> that) was a suspected smuggler in Ald'Ruhn. I was instructed to bring
> back
> any dwemer artifacts I found in his place.

Try moving things off tables. You just might find something hidden
underneath.

> Jump up on one of the tables where the guy is standing. You'll see the
> artifact hidden among the stuff on the table. Just pick it up, the guy
won't
> do anything to stop you.

DAMN, that was well hidden. Could've been worse, I suppose. I was
preparing for the possibility of finding a single Dwemer Coin hiding
underneath a plate or something. Oh, and as for moving things around to
find it, I tried that, and as soon as you pick anything up, he accuses you
of stealing and starts attacking you. Even if you don't put it in your
inventory, the very act of picking up the item makes him call you a thief.
Not that there's any chance he could really hurt me at this point, but it's
kind of annoying trying to search for stuff when he keeps whacking you in
the back of the head...