IE as default browser

sorry to repost but I did not get response so thought that I was in wrong NG
How can I make IE as the default browswer so that my ISP does not load up
their home page first. thanks

--
Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! ! XP home
2 answers Last reply

    To change your home page

    Your home page is the page that appears every time you open Internet
    Explorer. Choose a page that you want to view frequently, or one that you
    can customize to get quick access to all the information you want, such as
    the msn.com home page.

    Go to the page you want to appear when you start Internet Explorer.
    On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    Click the General tab.
    Under Home page, click Use Current.
    Note
    To restore your original home page, click Use Default.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:%23FKxt%23irEHA.3396@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    RustyM <RM@RMcom> hunted and pecked:
    > sorry to repost but I did not get response so thought that I was in
    > wrong NG How can I make IE as the default browswer so that my ISP
    > does not load up their home page first. thanks

    Hi Wes & thnx for your reply- All the stuff you suggested
    to do I already knew how to do but re did it just in case-
    HERE is what I am trying to accomplish. Before, I would
    connect to the internet by clicking in the login box. As
    soon as an internet connection was acheived, IE would
    load up with my chosen H-page.I just switched ISP's a
    couple of days ago to peoplepc.com. As soon as my
    internet connection goes in (& I've allowed Zonealarm to
    allow access to their site) I get their box (peoplepc
    online)instead of IE. I have to manually click onthe 'e'
    in my task bar to load IE and all is fine. How can I geet
    IE to load up ONLY and not their site.
    Note* in their site, it has an address bar, news,etc just
    like any ordinary home page but the home page is called
    MY HOME page. If I click "HOME" it goes to their h-page
    with their world news and etc. Perhaps I will always have
    to click on "E" to start it up unless theirs a way to
    avoid this manually. thanks

Default Internet Explorer Internet Service Providers Browsers Windows XP