Global Address Book Solution

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

Looking for any info on the following, as information out on the web
seems to be thin. We have about 150 videoconferencing endpoints, a
huge mix of stuff, Tandbergs, Polycoms ViewStations and ViaVideos,
Avistar, everything.

I want to be able to set up a server (already have a Win2K server
configured w/IIS) that can host a global address book, so that the
Polycom and Tandberg stuff can pull down a list of all endpoints in
the company, similar to what the ViaVideos connect to, out of the box.
gab.austin.polycom.com runs such a list. I just don't know what the
software is that's running it, etc.. there seems to be relatively
little info out there on the web.

I have a pretty fair idea of what needs to happen at points XYZ, it's
the A and B I can't seem to dig up --

If anyone has experience w/setting up this sort of thing, I'd be most
gracious if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

rolfgrau

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
Hi

Unfortunately I cannot help you, but I am looking for people with experience in integrating Tandberg and Avistar videoconferencing, to interchange experience.

I am looking forward to hearing from you at rolf.grau@gmail.com.

Rolf