How to roll service pack into Windows?

Lamar

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Can someone point me to the website that tells you how to re-roll Windows XP
"with" a Service pack?

Thanks for your help.

Lamar

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Google for "slipstream xp sp2"

Also, look at Tom's Hardware

In news:ec$IaSjrEHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
Lamar <none@none.com> typed:

> Can someone point me to the website that tells you how to
> re-roll
> Windows XP "with" a Service pack?

You mean slipstream? Try here:
http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=7262

Please reply to the newsgroup

Lamar

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

That's what it's called! I just couldn't remember that term. Thanks for
your help, I can take it from here.

Lamar

> Google for "slipstream xp sp2"
>
> Also, look at Tom's Hardware
>

> "Lamar" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> | Can someone point me to the website that tells you how to
> re-roll Windows XP
> | "with" a Service pack?
> |
> | Thanks for your help.
> |

> | Lamar

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

You're welcome.

| That's what it's called! I just couldn't remember that
term. Thanks for
| your help, I can take it from here.
|

| Lamar

in message
| > Google for "slipstream xp sp2"
| >
| > Also, look at Tom's Hardware
| >

| > "Lamar" <none@none.com> wrote in message
| > | Can someone point me to the website that tells you how
| > re-roll Windows XP
| > | "with" a Service pack?
| > |
| > | Thanks for your help.
| > |
| > |
| > | Lamar
| > |
| > |

Lamar

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hey Jim,

That worked! Here is what I found on google.com:
http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html. It worked like
a champ!! Thanks again.

Lamar

> You're welcome.
>
> "Lamar" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> | That's what it's called! I just couldn't remember that
> term. Thanks for
> | your help, I can take it from here.
> |

> | Lamar
> |

> | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
> in message
> | > Google for "slipstream xp sp2"
> | >
> | > Also, look at Tom's Hardware
> | >

> | > "Lamar" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> | > re-roll Windows XP
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thanks you, that is nice to know. There are several sites
that have good advice, Google can find almost anything, any
time.

| Hey Jim,
|
| That worked! Here is what I found on google.com:

http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html.
It worked like
| a champ!! Thanks again.
|

| Lamar

in message
| > You're welcome.
| >
| > "Lamar" <none@none.com> wrote in message
| > | That's what it's called! I just couldn't remember
that
| > term. Thanks for
| > | your help, I can take it from here.
| > |
| > |
| > | Lamar
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Jim,...It's a bit off topic but do you know anything about making a bootable
CD that contains what-ever files we want to put on it? I have tried Nero
and Easy CD Creator and the disk never boots after it is created. I would
just like to put a bunch of utilities on a CD that boots so I could just
have to carry the one disk instead of a boot floppy with a CD. A lot of
laptops now-a-days don't even have floppy drives, so it is a bit of a
problem.

--

Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

> Thanks you, that is nice to know. There are several sites
> that have good advice, Google can find almost anything, any
> time.

> "Lamar" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> | Hey Jim,
> |
> | That worked! Here is what I found on google.com:
> |
> http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html.
> It worked like
> | a champ!! Thanks again.
> |

> | Lamar
> |

> | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
> in message
> | > You're welcome.
> | >
> | > "Lamar" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> that
> | > term. Thanks for
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> wrote
> | > in message

> how
> | > | > |
> | > | > |
> | > | > |
> | > | > |
> | > | > |

> | > |
> | > |

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Phillip

Here's one site: http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/

There are others as well, so a search on Google is sound advice.

Best regards

Bjorn
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

"Phillip Windell" <@.> wrote:

>Jim,...It's a bit off topic but do you know anything about making a bootable
>CD that contains what-ever files we want to put on it? I have tried Nero
>and Easy CD Creator and the disk never boots after it is created. I would
>just like to put a bunch of utilities on a CD that boots so I could just
>have to carry the one disk instead of a boot floppy with a CD. A lot of
>laptops now-a-days don't even have floppy drives, so it is a bit of a
>problem.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thank you very much sir!

--

"Bjorn Landemoo" <mvp2.REMOVE@landemoo.com> wrote in message
> Phillip
>
> Here's one site: http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/
>
> There are others as well, so a search on Google is sound advice.
>
> Best regards
>
> Bjorn
> --
> Bjorn Landemoo - mvp2@landemoo.com - http://landemoo.com/
> Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)
>
> "Phillip Windell" <@.> wrote:
>
> >Jim,...It's a bit off topic but do you know anything about making a
bootable
> >CD that contains what-ever files we want to put on it? I have tried Nero
> >and Easy CD Creator and the disk never boots after it is created. I
would
> >just like to put a bunch of utilities on a CD that boots so I could just
> >have to carry the one disk instead of a boot floppy with a CD. A lot of
> >laptops now-a-days don't even have floppy drives, so it is a bit of a
> >problem.

TRENDING THREADS