vpn using alternate dhcp

mT

Currently I have a win2kserver VPN thats working by giving address' from a
static address pool. We have a completely separate machince running as a
dhcp server.

I've read that the only way to use your dhcp server to distribute address to
vpn clients is to have the vpn and dhcp server on the same machine.

Is this true or is there a way for the vpn server to point out the dhcp
server to the clients?

please email
tremblam@educ.queensu.ca

You can use a dhcp relay agent on your RRAS/VPN server to lease address to
your vpn and dial in clients.
Check out the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base

232703 How to Use DHCP to Provide Routing and Remote Access Clients with
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=232703

>Currently I have a win2kserver VPN thats working by giving address' from a
>static address pool. We have a completely separate machince running as a
>dhcp server.
>
>I've read that the only way to use your dhcp server to distribute address
>vpn clients is to have the vpn and dhcp server on the same machine.
>
>Is this true or is there a way for the vpn server to point out the dhcp
>server to the clients?
>
>please email
>tremblam@educ.queensu.ca

Thank you,
Doug Martin [MSFT]
Microsoft Corp.

Please do not send email directly to this alias.
This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.