How to assign A Static IP

Hello all,
I have a fax machine that needs a dedicated Static IP
address within the LAN. How do i assign a static IP
address to this machine in server 2000?
All help is appreciated.
Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about assign static

    You'll need to check the documentation that came with your fax machine.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Bob" wrote:
    | Hello all,
    | I have a fax machine that needs a dedicated Static IP
    | address within the LAN. How do i assign a static IP
    | address to this machine in server 2000?
    | All help is appreciated.
    | Thanks.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    "Bob" wrote:

    > Hello all,
    > I have a fax machine that needs a dedicated Static IP
    > address within the LAN. How do i assign a static IP
    > address to this machine in server 2000?
    > All help is appreciated.
    > Thanks.

    If it 's a stand alone device see the documentation for it. Just remember to
    exclude the address used from the scope of your dhcp server (assuming you
    have one)

Static IP Servers Windows