How to assign A Static IP

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 22, 2004 3:48:24 PM

Hello all,
I have a fax machine that needs a dedicated Static IP
address within the LAN. How do i assign a static IP
address to this machine in server 2000?
All help is appreciated.
Thanks.

More about : assign static

Anonymous
September 22, 2004 5:12:33 PM

You'll need to check the documentation that came with your fax machine.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Bob" wrote:
| Hello all,
| I have a fax machine that needs a dedicated Static IP
| address within the LAN. How do i assign a static IP
| address to this machine in server 2000?
| All help is appreciated.
| Thanks.
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 12:37:11 PM

"Bob" wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have a fax machine that needs a dedicated Static IP
> address within the LAN. How do i assign a static IP
> address to this machine in server 2000?
> All help is appreciated.
> Thanks.

If it 's a stand alone device see the documentation for it. Just remember to
exclude the address used from the scope of your dhcp server (assuming you
have one)
!