Group Policies

Glenn

I have a Windows 2000 Server along with Windows XP pro computers.

The computers are part of the domain.

I created an OU entitled "test group", and added a user in the OU called
"test". The user is a member of the group Domain Users.

I followed the directions in Knowledge Base Article 322176 on how to
Administer GPO Properties in Windows 2000.

When I log on as the user, none of the policies I created work.

Do the policies created on a 2000 server not apply to XP computers?

Basically, I'm trying to keep the user from changing the wallpaper, screen
saver, etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:02:15 -0400, "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have a Windows 2000 Server along with Windows XP pro computers.
>
>The computers are part of the domain.
>
>I created an OU entitled "test group", and added a user in the OU called
>"test". The user is a member of the group Domain Users.
>
>I followed the directions in Knowledge Base Article 322176 on how to
>Administer GPO Properties in Windows 2000.
>
>When I log on as the user, none of the policies I created work.
>
>Do the policies created on a 2000 server not apply to XP computers?
>
>Basically, I'm trying to keep the user from changing the wallpaper, screen
>saver, etc.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks.

See tip 4252 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Glenn

I've been doing that.......but I can't seem to get the changes I make to
work on users who login from the domain, it only works on local users.

I can't figure out how to get the policy from the local machine into active
directory.