Windows 2003 Server

I have a windows 2003 server. I am trying to search for a filed in a file
which I know is in the file but the Windows explorer search doesn't return
any results. Indexing service is not started.
Any ideas,
thank you
Adrian

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:11:07 -0700, "Adila" <Adila@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have a windows 2003 server. I am trying to search for a filed in a file
>which I know is in the file but the Windows explorer search doesn't return
>any results. Indexing service is not started.
>Any ideas,
>thank you
>Adrian

See if tip 5344 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com helps.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold, yhank you for your tip but it did not work. What is wierd is in some
of the servers the search is working but in others it doesn't and the servers
are basically cloned.