Problems with MSDaemon.exe

Several times a day I get a screen saying "MSDaemon.exe
has aproblem and must close. please inform Microsoft" I
sometimes inform Microsoft - with, of course, no reaction
or help from them. Sometimes, i do nothing other than
cancel the screen. Nothing further happens - no
programme closes. I use XP Home with Office 2000.
Can anyone tell me what this phenomenon is and how I
should deal with it, please?
KJL

The request to please inform Microsoft is just that. Your information is
relayed to program managers who use the information to identify and resolves
issues in Windows. Microsoft has said recently that 50% of the fixes to
Windows have come from these reports, so it is proving to be a very
effective tool.

It is not intended to be a request for help from Microsoft. If you want
help with an issue from Microsoft you have to be proactive and call them.

"Kevin Lyonette" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Several times a day I get a screen saying "MSDaemon.exe
> has aproblem and must close. please inform Microsoft" I
> sometimes inform Microsoft - with, of course, no reaction
> or help from them. Sometimes, i do nothing other than
> cancel the screen. Nothing further happens - no
> programme closes. I use XP Home with Office 2000.
> Can anyone tell me what this phenomenon is and how I
> should deal with it, please?
> KJL

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of spyware:

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827315

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Kevin Lyonette" wrote:

| Several times a day I get a screen saying "MSDaemon.exe
| has aproblem and must close. please inform Microsoft" I
| sometimes inform Microsoft - with, of course, no reaction
| or help from them. Sometimes, i do nothing other than
| cancel the screen. Nothing further happens - no
| programme closes. I use XP Home with Office 2000.
| Can anyone tell me what this phenomenon is and how I
| should deal with it, please?
| KJL

cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

problems with receiving emails from an address mailer-
daemon@yadayadayada.net. My ISP's spam and virus detector
keep on picking this up. The last time this happened,
whoever sent it said they were from my isp. So I
complained and they got in trouble. I am not sure if that
is the problem, that you got virus infected email. I
don't plan on freaking you, but it did cross my mind.

Cory - thanks for the idea. I use Norton antivirus and eAcceleration twice
per week. I don't think it can be the email
Kevin

"Cory" wrote:

> [...]

Carey - I use Norton antivirus and eAcceleration twice per week. Will they
catch spyware?
Can I also ask you how I can remove Windows Messenger from my computer?
thanks
Kevin