Problems with MSDaemon.exe

Several times a day I get a screen saying "MSDaemon.exe
has aproblem and must close. please inform Microsoft" I
sometimes inform Microsoft - with, of course, no reaction
or help from them. Sometimes, i do nothing other than
cancel the screen. Nothing further happens - no
programme closes. I use XP Home with Office 2000.
Can anyone tell me what this phenomenon is and how I
should deal with it, please?
KJL
5 answers Last reply
More about problems msdaemon

    The request to please inform Microsoft is just that. Your information is
    relayed to program managers who use the information to identify and resolves
    issues in Windows. Microsoft has said recently that 50% of the fixes to
    Windows have come from these reports, so it is proving to be a very
    effective tool.

    It is not intended to be a request for help from Microsoft. If you want
    help with an issue from Microsoft you have to be proactive and call them.

    "Kevin Lyonette" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Several times a day I get a screen saying "MSDaemon.exe
    > has aproblem and must close. please inform Microsoft" I
    > sometimes inform Microsoft - with, of course, no reaction
    > or help from them. Sometimes, i do nothing other than
    > cancel the screen. Nothing further happens - no
    > programme closes. I use XP Home with Office 2000.
    > Can anyone tell me what this phenomenon is and how I
    > should deal with it, please?
    > KJL

    Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of spyware:

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827315

    Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Kevin Lyonette" wrote:

    | Several times a day I get a screen saying "MSDaemon.exe
    | has aproblem and must close. please inform Microsoft" I
    | sometimes inform Microsoft - with, of course, no reaction
    | or help from them. Sometimes, i do nothing other than
    | cancel the screen. Nothing further happens - no
    | programme closes. I use XP Home with Office 2000.
    | Can anyone tell me what this phenomenon is and how I
    | should deal with it, please?
    | KJL

    problems with receiving emails from an address mailer-
    daemon@yadayadayada.net. My ISP's spam and virus detector
    keep on picking this up. The last time this happened,
    whoever sent it said they were from my isp. So I
    complained and they got in trouble. I am not sure if that
    is the problem, that you got virus infected email. I
    don't plan on freaking you, but it did cross my mind.

    Cory - thanks for the idea. I use Norton antivirus and eAcceleration twice
    per week. I don't think it can be the email
    Kevin

    "Cory" wrote:

> [...]

    Carey - I use Norton antivirus and eAcceleration twice per week. Will they
    catch spyware?
    Can I also ask you how I can remove Windows Messenger from my computer?
    thanks
    Kevin

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of spyware:
    > http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=button
    >
    > Symantec Security Check
    > http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827315
    >
    > Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites
    > http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    > "Kevin Lyonette" wrote:
    >
    > | Several times a day I get a screen saying "MSDaemon.exe
    > | has aproblem and must close. please inform Microsoft" I
    > | sometimes inform Microsoft - with, of course, no reaction
    > | or help from them. Sometimes, i do nothing other than
    > | cancel the screen. Nothing further happens - no
    > | programme closes. I use XP Home with Office 2000.
    > | Can anyone tell me what this phenomenon is and how I
    > | should deal with it, please?
    > | KJL

Microsoft Windows XP