Roaming Profiles & Redirected Folder Help ...

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 30, 2004 2:32:04 PM

Greetings,

I hade tried to set up Roaming Profiles and Folder Redirection (App Data,
Desktop, etc). It all *appeared* to work fine until I noticed that the
email wasn't synchronized among the client machines. OL Express is the
email client on our machines. Does anyone have any ideas why OLE doesn't
take to the synchronization? Where does OLE store the email these days?
Several versions back I knew it was in the App Data folder, but it doesn't
appear to be there on these machines. Maybe that's a clue?

The network in question is a small home network with several WinXPpro
clients and a Win2k3 DC.

Thanks,
Dave
September 30, 2004 2:44:27 PM

Hello Again,

I seem to have found part of the answer, but I still am missing some
information. I found that Outlook Express is keeping the mailbox in a
second Application Data folder that is *inside* a local settings folder.
Now the $64 million question is Can I simply change the store location in
the tools...options...maintence menu to a folderthat is caught by
redirection and synchronization?

Thanks,
Dave

"Dave" <daves.news.reader@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> I hade tried to set up Roaming Profiles and Folder Redirection (App Data,
> Desktop, etc). It all *appeared* to work fine until I noticed that the
> email wasn't synchronized among the client machines. OL Express is the
> email client on our machines. Does anyone have any ideas why OLE doesn't
> take to the synchronization? Where does OLE store the email these days?
> Several versions back I knew it was in the App Data folder, but it doesn't
> appear to be there on these machines. Maybe that's a clue?
>
> The network in question is a small home network with several WinXPpro
> clients and a Win2k3 DC.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 2:44:28 PM

Hi Dave,

I'm by no means an expert in this subject matter of Roaming Profile,
Redirect Folders nor Outlook, but I'll try to assist you to the best of my
ability. From reading the following it clearly states that what you're
trying to do is unsupported:

257831 How to move your personal folders file in Outlook 2000 that is
installed
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=257831

This article describes how to move a personal folder (.pst) file to another
location. You can move your .pst file to another location on your local hard
drive. Moving a .pst file to a network share is not supported.

--
Hope this helps,
Mike Rosado

<http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm&gt;