Netbios duplicate name error

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 30, 2004 10:19:22 AM

Help with this, plz:

A duplicate name has been detected on the TCP network.
The IP address of the machine that sent the message is in
the data. Use nbtstat -n in a command window to see which
name is in the Conflict state.
Data:
0000: 00 00 04 00 01 00 54 00 ......T.
0008: 00 00 00 00 df 10 00 c0 ....ß..À
0010: 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0028: 02 0d 14 ac ...¬

I checked the IP address, its from another machine in
network but does not have the same netbios name. Also, i
ran netbtstat -n on 1st machine and found anything
unusual. So ... what's happening? where's the error or
duplicate name?
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 4:05:26 PM

Hi Joe,

I'm by no means an expert in this subject matter of TCP/IP, but I'll try to
assist you to the best of my ability. See if anything in the following
article helps you resolve this duplicate names issue.

292822 Name resolution and connectivity issues on a Routing and Remote
Access
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=292822

--
Hope this helps,
Mike Rosado

<http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm&gt;

A duplicate name has been detected on the TCP network.
The IP address of the machine that sent the message is in
the data. Use nbtstat -n in a command window to see which
name is in the Conflict state.
Data:
0000: 00 00 04 00 01 00 54 00 ......T.
0008: 00 00 00 00 df 10 00 c0 ....ß..À
0010: 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0028: 02 0d 14 ac ...¬

I checked the IP address, its from another machine in
network but does not have the same netbios name. Also, i
ran netbtstat -n on 1st machine and found anything
unusual. So ... what's happening? where's the error or
duplicate name?
September 30, 2004 4:05:27 PM

Thanks for reply

But unfortunatly, i think this is not my case. I have no
RRAS on my network.

Thanks anyway,

your newsreader so
>that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

confers no rights.
><http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm&gt;

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 9:03:45 PM

Joe,

So are you saying in the original posting, that you have two machines with
the same IP Address but different NetBIOS name?

--
Regards,

!