Ink refills

Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to a
thread or FAQ or something:

Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?

Regards,
Andy
81 answers Last reply
More about refills

    I refill a rather elderly model 920c and it's ridiculously easy - 100%
    SUCCESSFUL, always and ABSOLUTELY mess free. No jive talk, no "pain in the
    ass". This is a model with a tri-color cart and a black. For the color I
    drilled three holes near the top and inserted ink with a syringe in the
    correct chamber (instructions usually come with the ink or simply Google
    the Net. The holes are simply sealed with tape. For the Black I pushed in
    the plug (I believe), injected ink and capped with a set screw - must be
    stainless (so it won't rust). The cartridges will drip a little for a while
    and then stop. Don't insert a still stabilizing (slow dripping) cartridge.
    The print output is identical as far as my eyes can tell. This printer
    isn't used for photos, just graphics and text. Bulk inks have saved me a
    ton of cash in the 5 or so years that I've had it. Years ago I saved empty
    cartridges my company was throwing out. So now I have plenty of
    replacements. But they rarely die on me. And I've never had one clog
    either. I don't know if the more recent models are as easy to refill.
    Perhaps HP has been researching ways to stop me from saving money - in the
    name of progress, of course.

    Google the Net for your printer model refill instructions.

    "Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in

    > Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me
    > to a thread or FAQ or something:
    >
    > Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
    > reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Andy

    With most printers you take a risk of clogged printheads. However,
    since most HP carts have an integrated printhead there is less risk.
    The greatest risk is leaky carts screwing up the printer. I hear that
    the TriColor is more difficult to fill than the black. Generally
    refilling is a pain in the ass. You can also buy noname reman HP carts
    from various sources. As to how good they are who knows.

    measekite wrote:
    > With most printers you take a risk of clogged printheads. However,
    > since most HP carts have an integrated printhead there is less risk.
    > The greatest risk is leaky carts screwing up the printer. I hear that
    > the TriColor is more difficult to fill than the black. Generally
    > refilling is a pain in the ass. You can also buy noname reman HP carts
    > from various sources. As to how good they are who knows.
    >
    > Andy Grey wrote:
    >
    >> Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me
    >> to a thread or FAQ or something:
    >>
    >> Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
    >> reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Andy

    Andy, don't believe this clown. He is an amateur wannabe printer/ink
    expert who has never ever refilled an ink cartridge.
    Not one. So don’t believe a word he says.
    Refilling is easy, fun and you'll save a ton of money and you'll never
    know the difference in color output.
    Frank

    Jeff filled you in on techniques he has used successfully. Go on to
    http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ as I recall some information there on
    refilling HP carts. Most of the discussion is about Canon inks, but if your
    don't see what you need, post a question and someone with experience with
    your specific carts may be able to answer. You will have to sign in to
    participate, but it is a friendly forum with people who try to help.

    "Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to a
    > thread or FAQ or something:
    >
    > Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
    > reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Andy

    What a pain in the ass.

    Frank wrote:

    > measekite wrote:
    >
    >> With most printers you take a risk of clogged printheads. However,
    >> since most HP carts have an integrated printhead there is less risk.
    >> The greatest risk is leaky carts screwing up the printer. I hear
    >> that the TriColor is more difficult to fill than the black.
    >> Generally refilling is a pain in the ass. You can also buy noname
    >> reman HP carts from various sources. As to how good they are who knows.
    >>
    >> Andy Grey wrote:
    >>
    >>> Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point
    >>> me to a thread or FAQ or something:
    >>>
    >>> Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are
    >>> they reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> Andy
    >>>

    > Andy, don't believe this clown. He is an amateur wannabe printer/ink
    > expert who has never ever refilled an ink cartridge.
    > Not one. So don’t believe a word he says.
    > Refilling is easy, fun and you'll save a ton of money and you'll never
    > know the difference in color output.
    > Frank

    Hey it is 5 minutes before a deadline and your job depends on it so you
    hit the print button. Oh boy the printer is out of ink. So it is time
    to have fun and refill the cart so you can print and make the deadline.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :-D :-D :-D

    OK FRANKIE CRANKIE GAW HEAD AND MAKE MY DAY

    YOU DUMB JERK

    measekite wrote:

    > Hey it is 5 minutes before a deadline and your job depends on it so you
    > hit the print button. Oh boy the printer is out of ink. So it is time
    > to have fun and refill the cart so you can print and make the deadline.
    >
    > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :-D :-D :-D
    >
    > OK FRANKIE CRANKIE GAW HEAD AND MAKE MY DAY
    >
    > YOU DUMB JERK

    By now it's quite obvious to everyone in this ng that you are a
    childish, immature and totally inexperienced amateur wannabe who is
    attention starved and doesn't know what to do with him/herself.
    FYI, if your printer is mission critical you don't run out of ready to
    use, ink filled carts or else like most professional production houses
    you're on a CFS.
    It is also very apparent to every person in this ng that there is
    absolutely no one quite as dumb as you.
    Frank

    Burt wrote:

    >Jeff filled you in on techniques he has used successfully. Go on to
    >http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ as I recall some information there on
    >refilling HP carts. Most of the discussion is about Canon inks, but if your
    >don't see what you need, post a question and someone with experience

    like me Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek will give you the same Bullshit you
    get here. Many of the same people of the AfterMarket Club.

    measekite wrote:

    > like me Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek will give you the same Bullshit you
    > get here. Many of the same people of the AfterMarket Club.

    WTF is that all about?
    Was anyone in this ng able to decipher that unintelligible drivel.
    I guess it really doesn't matter.
    He's a know nothing.
    Frank

    No problem, Measekite, you just have to refill more than one and have it in
    reserve just like when you use exclusively OEM inks. Some people who use
    aftermarket carts or refill have a set of OEM carts standing by as well. I
    have three sets that I refill in rotation. When one stops functioning after
    several refills I toss it and use another OEM or a new empty cart that I
    refill with my preferred aftermarket ink. Works just as well as OEM and no
    problems in almost a year.

    > What a pain in the ass.

    Yes you are, Measekite. Live and let live. If people want to refill their
    carts it is up to them. Since you have no experience with these products
    you have no idea how easy it is to do once you do it a few times. If he
    tries it and doesn't like it he can always go back to OEM inks. Nothing
    lost except a little bit of time and a very few dollars worth of ink.

    > Burt wrote:
    >
    >>Jeff filled you in on techniques he has used successfully. Go on to
    >>http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ as I recall some information there on
    >>refilling HP carts. Most of the discussion is about Canon inks, but if
    >>your don't see what you need, post a question and someone with experience
    >
    > like me Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek will give you the same Bullshit you
    > get here. Many of the same people of the AfterMarket Club.

    I am not like Measekite. I speak from my own positive experience with these
    products and Canon printers. Measekite has no experience with aftermarket
    inks but speaks against their use and against the vendors who sell them.
    You judge who is BSing and who is giving you the benefit of his own

    Burt wrote:

    >"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>Burt wrote:
    >>

    >>>Jeff filled you in on techniques he has used successfully. Go on to
    >>>http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ as I recall some information there on
    >>>refilling HP carts. Most of the discussion is about Canon inks, but if
    >>>your don't see what you need, post a question and someone with experience
    >>>

    >>like me Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek will give you the same Bullshit you
    >>get here. Many of the same people of the AfterMarket Club.
    >>

    >I am not like Measekite. I speak from my own positive experience with these
    >products and Canon printers. Measekite has no experience with aftermarket
    >inks but speaks against their use and against the vendors who sell them.
    >You judge who is BSing

    Do you mean Bullshitting oh holy one - you bigot

    Frank wrote:

    > measekite wrote:
    >

    >> like me Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek will give you the same Bullshit
    >> you get here. Many of the same people of the AfterMarket Club.
    >>

    > WTF is that all about? Frank

    Was anyone in this ng able to decipher that unintelligible drivel.
    I guess it really doesn't matter. Frankie Crankie is a jerk.
    He's a know nothing.

    measekite

    > Frank wrote:
    >
    >> measekite wrote:
    >>

    >>> Hey it is 5 minutes before a deadline and your job depends on it so you
    >>> hit the print button. Oh boy the printer is out of ink. So it is time
    >>> to have fun and refill the cart so you can print and make the deadline.
    >>>
    >>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :-D :-D :-D
    >>>
    >>> OK FRANKIE CRANKIE GAW HEAD AND MAKE MY DAY
    >>>
    >>> YOU DUMB JERK
    >>

    >> By now it's quite obvious to everyone in this ng that I am a childish,
    >> immature and totally inexperienced amateur wannabe who is attention
    >> starved and doesn't know what to do with him/herself.
    >> FYI, if your printer is mission critical you don't run out of ready to
    >> use, ink filled carts or else like most professional production houses
    >> you're on a CFS.
    >> It is also very apparent to every person in this ng that there is
    >> absolutely no one quite as dumb as me.
    >> Frank

    Changing people's posts again. Childish and dishonest.

    Again, measekite changes someone's post - dishonest and childish.

    > Burt wrote:
    >
    >>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>What a pain in the ass.
    >>>

    >>Yes I am, Measekite. Live and let live. If people want to refill their
    >>carts it is up to them. Nothing lost except a little bit of time and a
    >>very few dollars worth of ink and maybe (it is possible) a clogged
    >>printhead.

    Go tell your mommy

    > Burt wrote:
    >
    >>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

    >>>like me Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek will give you the same Bullshit you
    >>>get here. Many of the same people of the AfterMarket Club.
    >>>

    >>I am not like Measekite. I speak from my own positive experience with
    >>these products and Canon printers. Measekite has no experience with
    >>aftermarket inks but speaks against their use and against the vendors who
    >>sell them. You judge who is BSing
    >
    > Do you mean Bullshitting oh holy one - you bigot

    A bigot I am not. You have never seen a single bigoted remark from me in
    the many months I have participated in this NG. You said "like me
    Burtie..." and I will repeat, no way am I like you. That doesn't make me a
    bigot. An apology would be appropriate for that remark. That I don't
    approve of your slurs, slanderous statements and obscene comments doesn't
    make me a bigot or a holy one. I just have a healthy respect for civility,
    honesty, and friendly discourse.

    (snip)

    And again, Measekite changes my post to change the meaning. Dishonest and
    childish.

    Burt wrote:

    >"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>Burt wrote:
    >>

    >>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

    >>>I am not like Measekite. I speak from my own positive experience with
    >>>these products and Canon printers. Measekite has no experience with
    >>>aftermarket inks but speaks against their use and against the vendors who
    >>>sell them. You judge who is BSing
    >>>

    >>Do you mean Bullshitting oh holy one - you bigot
    >>

    >A bigot I am not. You have never seen a single bigoted remark from me in
    >the many months I have participated in this NG. You said "like me
    >Burtie..." and I will repeat, no way am I like you. That doesn't make me a
    >bigot. An apology would be appropriate for that remark.

    Now now did inky stinky get little Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek pissed
    off. Oh poor baby. Are you going to sleep good tonite.

    measekite wrote:

    > Now now did inky stinky get little Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek pissed
    > off. Oh poor baby. Are you going to sleep good tonite.

    I don't think so mesershit. You're way too far gone over the idiot side
    to even know what's going on.
    We've got your number. :-)
    Frank
  25. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <_A6pe.8854$%23.202@trndny02>, adjgrey@verizon.net says...
    > Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to a
    > thread or FAQ or something:
    >
    > Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
    > reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Andy

    For all intents and purposes, the small carts used in the newer HP photo
    printers are too small, and require too much work to refill.

    Though the HP photo printers do a beautiful job getting the print on the
    paper, the cartridge cost is VERY high, making your price per print 6 to 10
    times more expensive than taking your digital photos down to the "photo
    store" and getting them printed.

    On one of my HP printers (7550) I found that if I included all the gyrations
    needed to refill the carts, my per page print cost on 8x10 glossy prints was
    about 4 times the cost of having them done at the local CVS.

    After I figured that out, I simply used it until I had used up all the ink
    and cartridges I had, then I put it out front of my house with a "free/take
    me/I still work" sign on it.

    It was gone in an hour. It was the most economical thing I ever did with a
    new HP photo printer.

    The HP photosmart printers do a beautiful job, but because of the tiny size
    of the ink carts, and the wear factor on them, there is no real, practical
    way to make them economical.

    Ive been buying, using, and refilling ink jet printers of all brands since
    the very first ones became available.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    Why I am glad you admit the truth

    Burt wrote:

    >"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>Burt wrote:
    >>

    >>>Again, measekite unfortunately really knows his stuff.
    >>>
    >>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

  27. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    I know you have no choice but to take that stance since I understand
    you've never refilled anything but your prescription.

    And I noticed you have several email changes. Nice to see the
    newsservers finally dumping your sorry ass.

    Jeff

    measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in

    > What a pain in the ass.

    I know you have no choice but to take that stance since I understand
    you've never refilled anything but your prescription.

    And I noticed you have several email changes. Nice to see the
    newsservers finally dumping your sorry ass.

    > Jeff wrote:
    >
    >>I refill a rather elderly model 920c and it's ridiculously easy - 100%
    >>SUCCESSFUL, always and ABSOLUTELY mess free. No jive talk, no "pain in
    >>the ass". This is a model with a tri-color cart and a black. For the
    >>color I drilled three holes near the top and inserted ink with a
    >>syringe in the correct chamber (instructions usually come with the ink
    >>or simply Google the Net. The holes are simply sealed with tape. For
    >>the Black I pushed in the plug (I believe), injected ink and capped
    >>with a set screw - must be stainless (so it won't rust). The
    >>cartridges will drip a little for a while and then stop. Don't insert
    >>a still stabilizing (slow dripping) cartridge. The print output is
    >>identical as far as my eyes can tell. This printer isn't used for
    >>photos, just graphics and text. Bulk inks have saved me a ton of cash
    >>in the 5 or so years that I've had it. Years ago I saved empty
    >>cartridges my company was throwing out. So now I have plenty of
    >>replacements. But they rarely die on me. And I've never had one clog
    >>either. I don't know if the more recent models are as easy to refill.
    >>Perhaps HP has been researching ways to stop me from saving money - in
    >>the name of progress, of course.
    >>
    >>Google the Net for your printer model refill instructions.
    >>

    >>"Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in
    >>

    >>>Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me
    >>>to a thread or FAQ or something:
    >>>
    >>>Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
    >>>reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
    >>>
    >>>Regards,
    >>>Andy

  28. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    DIRTBAG

    Frank wrote:

    > measekite wrote:
    >

    >> Now now did inky stinky get little Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek pissed
    >> off. Oh poor baby. Are you going to sleep good tonite.
    >

    > I don't think so mesershit. You're way too far gone over the idiot
    > side to even know what's going on.
    > We've got your number. :-)
    > Frank
  29. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Does it matter who you buy the ink from? care to recommend anyone?

    Andy

    "Frank" <fb@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > measekite wrote:
    >> With most printers you take a risk of clogged printheads. However, since
    >> most HP carts have an integrated printhead there is less risk. The
    >> greatest risk is leaky carts screwing up the printer. I hear that the
    >> TriColor is more difficult to fill than the black. Generally refilling
    >> is a pain in the ass. You can also buy noname reman HP carts from
    >> various sources. As to how good they are who knows.
    >>
    >> Andy Grey wrote:
    >>
    >>> Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to
    >>> a thread or FAQ or something:
    >>>
    >>> Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
    >>> reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> Andy
    >>>

    > Andy, don't believe this clown. He is an amateur wannabe printer/ink
    > expert who has never ever refilled an ink cartridge.
    > Not one. So don’t believe a word he says.
    > Refilling is easy, fun and you'll save a ton of money and you'll never
    > know the difference in color output.
    > Frank
  30. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > Burt wrote:
    >
    >>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

    >>>Do you mean Bullshitting oh holy one - you bigot
    >>>

    >>A bigot I am not. You have never seen a single bigoted remark from me in
    >>the many months I have participated in this NG. You said "like me
    >>Burtie..." and I will repeat, no way am I like you. That doesn't make me
    >>a bigot. An apology would be appropriate for that remark.
    >
    > Now now did inky stinky get little Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek pissed off.
    > Oh poor baby. Are you going to sleep good tonite.

    Not pissed off at all. Just confirms that you have no sense of civility and
    will do anything to try to provoke me. Accusing someone of being a bigot is
    as mean-spirited and slanderous as you can get. And yes, I will sleep
    well - Sleep "good" is not the sort of English error I would expect from our
    Stanford MBA. Stanford may have had a better football team, but if you are
    any indication of what they teach in their MBA program their English and
    Business departments must really stink.

    >>That I don't approve of your slurs, slanderous statements and obscene
    >>comments doesn't make me a bigot or a holy one. I just have a healthy
    >>respect for civility, honesty, and friendly intercourse.

    The word was discourse - means dialogue or discussion - and if you didn't
    know it, friendly intercourse is not far from that meaning as the word is
    used as "social intercourse" or social interrelationships. You, however,
    have changed my post to something you regard as a sexual slur.

    >>(snip)

  31. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Whose ink would you recommend?
    Andy

    "Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > No problem, Measekite, you just have to refill more than one and have it
    > in reserve just like when you use exclusively OEM inks. Some people who
    > use aftermarket carts or refill have a set of OEM carts standing by as
    > well. I have three sets that I refill in rotation. When one stops
    > functioning after several refills I toss it and use another OEM or a new
    > empty cart that I refill with my preferred aftermarket ink. Works just as
    > well as OEM and no problems in almost a year.
    >
    > "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Frank wrote:

    >>> Andy, don't believe this clown. He is an amateur wannabe printer/ink
    >>> expert who has never ever refilled an ink cartridge.
    >>> Not one. So don't believe a word he says.
    >>> Refilling is easy, fun and you'll save a ton of money and you'll never
    >>> know the difference in color output.
    >>> Frank
    >>

    >> Hey it is 5 minutes before a deadline and your job depends on it so you
    >> hit the print button. Oh boy the printer is out of ink. So it is time
    >> to have fun and refill the cart so you can print and make the deadline.
    >>
    >> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :-D :-D :-D
    >>
    >> OK FRANKIE CRANKIE GAW HEAD AND MAKE MY DAY
    >>
    >> YOU DUMB JERK

  32. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > Why I am glad you admit the truth

    The truth is you continue to change my posts in an effort to provoke me.
    All you do is again display your dishonesty and childeshness. Keep it up as
    it lets others know what you are about.

    > Burt wrote:
    >

    >>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

  33. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Andy Grey wrote:

    >Does it matter who you buy the ink from? care to recommend anyone?
    >
    >Andy

    Costco, Staples or Office Depot.

    >"Frank" <fb@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>measekite wrote:
    >>

    >>>With most printers you take a risk of clogged printheads. However, since
    >>>most HP carts have an integrated printhead there is less risk. The
    >>>greatest risk is leaky carts screwing up the printer. I hear that the
    >>>TriColor is more difficult to fill than the black. Generally refilling
    >>>is a pain in the ass. You can also buy noname reman HP carts from
    >>>various sources. As to how good they are who knows.

    >>Andy, don't believe this clown. He is an amateur wannabe printer/ink
    >>expert who has never ever refilled an ink cartridge.
    >>Not one. So don’t believe a word he says.
    >>Refilling is easy, fun and you'll save a ton of money and you'll never
    >>know the difference in color output.
    >>Frank

  34. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Who would you recommend for ink?

    Andy

    "Jeff" <jeff@nospamforme.net> wrote in message
    >I refill a rather elderly model 920c and it's ridiculously easy - 100%
    > SUCCESSFUL, always and ABSOLUTELY mess free. No jive talk, no "pain in the
    > ass". This is a model with a tri-color cart and a black. For the color I
    > drilled three holes near the top and inserted ink with a syringe in the
    > correct chamber (instructions usually come with the ink or simply Google
    > the Net. The holes are simply sealed with tape. For the Black I pushed in
    > the plug (I believe), injected ink and capped with a set screw - must be
    > stainless (so it won't rust). The cartridges will drip a little for a
    > while
    > and then stop. Don't insert a still stabilizing (slow dripping) cartridge.
    > The print output is identical as far as my eyes can tell. This printer
    > isn't used for photos, just graphics and text. Bulk inks have saved me a
    > ton of cash in the 5 or so years that I've had it. Years ago I saved empty
    > cartridges my company was throwing out. So now I have plenty of
    > replacements. But they rarely die on me. And I've never had one clog
    > either. I don't know if the more recent models are as easy to refill.
    > Perhaps HP has been researching ways to stop me from saving money - in the
    > name of progress, of course.
    >
    > Google the Net for your printer model refill instructions.
    >

    > "Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in
    >
    >> Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me
    >> to a thread or FAQ or something:
    >>
    >> Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
    >> reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Andy

  35. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Burt wrote:

    >"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>Burt wrote:
    >>

    >>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

    >>>A bigot I am not. You have never seen a single bigoted remark from me in
    >>>the many months I have participated in this NG. You said "like me
    >>>Burtie..." and I will repeat, no way am I like you. That doesn't make me
    >>>a bigot. An apology would be appropriate for that remark.
    >>>

    >>Now now did inky stinky get little Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek pissed off.
    >>Oh poor baby. Are you going to sleep good tonite.
    >>

    >Not pissed off at all. Just confirms that you have no sense of civility and
    >will do anything to try to provoke me.

    Congrats--U--R--Provoked

    >Accusing someone of being a bigot is
    >as mean-spirited and slanderous as you can get. :-D :-D :-D And yes, I will sleep
    >well - Sleep "good" is not the sort of English error :-P I would expect from our
    >Stanford MBA. Stanford may have had a better football :-$ team, but if you are
    >any indication of what they teach in their MBA program their English and
    >Business departments must really inkiestinkie. :-D :-D :-D
    >

    >>>That I don't approve of your slurs, slanderous statements and obscene
    >>>comments doesn't make me a bigot or a holy one. I just have a healthy
    >>>respect for civility, honesty, and friendly intercourse.
    >>>

    >The word was discourse - means dialogue or discussion - and if you didn't
    >know it, friendly intercourse is not far from that meaning as the word is
    >used as "social intercourse" or social interrelationships. You, however,
    >have changed my post to something you regard as a sexual slur.
    >

    >>>(snip)

  36. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Thanks...

    > Jeff filled you in on techniques he has used successfully. Go on to
    > http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ as I recall some information there on
    > refilling HP carts. Most of the discussion is about Canon inks, but if
    > your don't see what you need, post a question and someone with experience
    > with your specific carts may be able to answer. You will have to sign in
    > to participate, but it is a friendly forum with people who try to help.
    >
    > "Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to
    >> a thread or FAQ or something:
    >>
    >> Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
    >> reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Andy

  37. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Andy Grey wrote:

    >Whose ink would you recommend?
    >Andy

    It is almost impossible to recommend ink because in almost all cases the
    vendor who sells you ink will not tell you who the
    manufacturer/formulator is. Therefore you can try to avoid a bad
    experience that someone told you about from Vendor X and you wind up
    buying the same thing from VendorZ.

    The members of the AfterMarket Club do not like you knowing this. It is
    a chink in their amour.

    >"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    >

    >>No problem, Measekite, you just have to refill more than one and have it
    >>in reserve just like when you use exclusively OEM inks. Some people who
    >>use aftermarket carts or refill have a set of OEM carts standing by as
    >>well. I have three sets that I refill in rotation. When one stops
    >>functioning after several refills I toss it and use another OEM or a new
    >>empty cart that I refill with my preferred aftermarket ink. Works just as
    >>well as OEM and no problems in almost a year.
    >>
    >>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

    >>>Hey it is 5 minutes before a deadline and your job depends on it so you
    >>>hit the print button. Oh boy the printer is out of ink. So it is time
    >>>to have fun and refill the cart so you can print and make the deadline.
    >>>
    >>>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :-D :-D :-D
    >>>
    >>>OK FRANKIE CRANKIE GAW HEAD AND MAKE MY DAY
    >>>
    >>>YOU DUMB JERK

  38. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Burt wrote:

    >"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>Why I am glad you admit the truth
    >>

    >The truth is you continue to change my posts in an effort to provoke me.
    >All you do is again display your dishonesty and childeshness. Keep it up as
    >it lets others know what I am about.
    >

    >>Burt wrote:
    >>

    >>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

  39. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Andy - It is very important to get a recommendation from someone who has
    used an aftermarket ink successfully as there may be some products that are
    really not compatable and can cause problems. Go on the Nifty-Stuff site
    and ask if anyone has refilled the specific carts you are talking about.
    For the Canon i960 I refill with MIS inks. Others have used Formulabs ink
    from Alotofthings for their Canon printers. If no one on this NG or Nifty
    stuff can give you a personal recommendation as to vendor and product you
    might go on those sites and see what they have. Inks sold as universal for
    all printers are generally to be avoided. Only buy inks that are formulated
    specifically for your printer. On cue, Measekite will follow this post with
    defamatory comments about Alotofthings, a company he has never done business
    with and never used their products.

    > Does it matter who you buy the ink from? care to recommend anyone?
    >
    > Andy
    >
    > "Frank" <fb@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> measekite wrote:
    >>> With most printers you take a risk of clogged printheads. However,
    >>> since most HP carts have an integrated printhead there is less risk.
    >>> The greatest risk is leaky carts screwing up the printer. I hear that
    >>> the TriColor is more difficult to fill than the black. Generally
    >>> refilling is a pain in the ass. You can also buy noname reman HP carts
    >>> from various sources. As to how good they are who knows.

    >> Andy, don't believe this clown. He is an amateur wannabe printer/ink
    >> expert who has never ever refilled an ink cartridge.
    >> Not one. So don't believe a word he says.
    >> Refilling is easy, fun and you'll save a ton of money and you'll never
    >> know the difference in color output.
    >> Frank

  40. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > Andy Grey wrote:
    >
    >>Does it matter who you buy the ink from? care to recommend anyone?
    >>
    >>Andy
    >>

    > Costco, Staples or Office Depot.

    If you are looking for aftermarket inks, these stores are not generally the
    place to go. Measekite is talking about where to buy OEM inks. He has no
    experience with aftermarket inks. We hear this Measekite anti-aftermarket
    "aria" every time these products come up in a post. Unfortunately he is
    tone deaf and sings terribly off key.

    >>"Frank" <fb@nospam.com> wrote in message

    >>>Andy, don't believe this clown. He is an amateur wannabe printer/ink
    >>>expert who has never ever refilled an ink cartridge.
    >>>Not one. So don’t believe a word he says.
    >>>Refilling is easy, fun and you'll save a ton of money and you'll never
    >>>know the difference in color output.
    >>>Frank

  41. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Burt wrote:

    >Andy - It is very important to get a recommendation from someone who has
    >used an aftermarket ink successfully as there may be some products that are
    >really not compatable and can cause problems.

    AMEN

    >Go on the Nifty-Stuff site
    >and ask

    ANY MEMBER OF THE AFTERMARKET CLUB

    >if anyone has refilled the specific carts you are talking about.
    >For the Canon i960 I refill with MIS inks.

    BUT MIS WILL NOT TELL HIM WHO MAKES AND FORMULATES THE INK

    >Others have used Formulabs ink
    >for their Canon printers. If no one on this NG or Nifty
    >stuff can give you a personal recommendation as to vendor and product you
    >might go on those sites and see what they have. Inks sold as universal for
    >all printers are generally to be avoided. Only buy inks that are formulated
    >specifically for your printer.
    >
    >"Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >

    >>Does it matter who you buy the ink from? care to recommend anyone?
    >>
    >>Andy
    >>
    >>"Frank" <fb@nospam.com> wrote in message

    >>>Andy, don't believe this clown. He is an amateur wannabe printer/ink
    >>>expert who has never ever refilled an ink cartridge.
    >>>Not one. So don't believe a word he says.
    >>>Refilling is easy, fun and you'll save a ton of money and you'll never
    >>>know the difference in color output.
    >>>Frank

  42. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Andy
    I just took a deep breath after reading the way that one of our "contributors"
    has hijacked this thread.
    I will try to keep to the question you quite properly asked.
    Firstly it depends on the cartridges, which ones does your printer use?
    In general cartridges for older HP's fill better than the ones for the newer
    models. Also the black cartridges tend to fill better than the colour ones for
    a couple of reasons: firstly there are 3 times as many opportunities for
    failure with colour cartridges (3 printheads and 3 ink containers), secondly
    colour cartridges are foam filled whilst some black cartridges are not. Foam
    filled cartridges are more prone to airlocks but there are techniques to avoid
    or recover from this. Overall the process of refilling most HP cartridges is
    simple and clean and produces good results both in terms of print quality,
    reliability and cost savings. No cartridge can be refilled indefinitely, the
    head will eventually fail but in most cases several successful refills are
    possible saving lots of money.
    New compatible cartridges are only available for very old HP printers because
    of patent protection but refill kits and instructions are readily available
    from several sources, suggest you Google but try
    http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ first as suggested by Burt.
    Keep the faith and look elsewhere in this ng to see whether any advice from
    measekite can be trusted, he changes other peoples posts and seems to enjoy
    abusing people.
    Tony

    "Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote:
    >Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to a
    >thread or FAQ or something:
    >
    >Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
    >reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
    >
    >Regards,
    >Andy
  43. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    *I TOLD YOU IT IS A PAIN IN THE ASS.*

    Tony wrote:

    >Andy
    >I just took a deep breath after reading the way that one of our "contributors"
    >has hijacked this thread.
    >I will try to keep to the question you quite properly asked.
    >Firstly it depends on the cartridges, which ones does your printer use?
    >In general cartridges for older HP's fill better than the ones for the newer
    >models. Also the black cartridges tend to fill better than the colour ones for
    >a couple of reasons: firstly there are 3 times as many opportunities for
    >failure with colour cartridges (3 printheads and 3 ink containers), secondly
    >colour cartridges are foam filled whilst some black cartridges are not. Foam
    >filled cartridges are more prone to airlocks but there are techniques to avoid
    >or recover from this. Overall the process of refilling most HP cartridges is
    >simple and clean and produces good results both in terms of print quality,
    >reliability and cost savings. No cartridge can be refilled indefinitely, the
    >head will eventually fail but in most cases several successful refills are
    >possible saving lots of money.
    >New compatible cartridges are only available for very old HP printers because
    >of patent protection but refill kits and instructions are readily available
    >from several sources, suggest you Google but try
    >http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ first as suggested by Burt.
    >Keep the faith and look elsewhere in this ng to see whether any advice from
    >measekite can be trusted, he changes other peoples posts and seems to enjoy
    >abusing people.
    >Tony
    >

    >"Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote:
    >

    >>Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to a
    >>thread or FAQ or something:
    >>
    >>Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
    >>reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>Andy

  44. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    "Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
    > reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?

    I've been refilling HP carts for an 895cxi for 6+ years. You sometimes have
    problems getting them to work immediatly after refilling but shaking the ink
    down to the head in a plastic bag usually fixes them. Overall the quality
    has been very good. After several refills (eg 6-8) they sometimes fail
    completly.

    I believe the "new" HP9x series of carts have complex chips in them and
    there is no chip resetter available yet..
  45. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Larry wrote:

    > For all intents and purposes, the small carts used in the newer HP photo
    > printers are too small, and require too much work to refill.
    >
    > Though the HP photo printers do a beautiful job getting the print on the
    > paper, the cartridge cost is VERY high, making your price per print 6 to 10
    > times more expensive than taking your digital photos down to the "photo
    > store" and getting them printed.
    >
    > On one of my HP printers (7550) I found that if I included all the gyrations
    > needed to refill the carts, my per page print cost on 8x10 glossy prints was
    > about 4 times the cost of having them done at the local CVS.
    >
    > After I figured that out, I simply used it until I had used up all the ink
    > and cartridges I had, then I put it out front of my house with a "free/take
    > me/I still work" sign on it.
    >
    > It was gone in an hour. It was the most economical thing I ever did with a
    > new HP photo printer.
    >
    > The HP photosmart printers do a beautiful job, but because of the tiny size
    > of the ink carts, and the wear factor on them, there is no real, practical
    > way to make them economical.
    >
    > Ive been buying, using, and refilling ink jet printers of all brands since
    > the very first ones became available.

    Yeah they are tiny aren't they. What printer(s) are you currently using?

    Thanks.
    Frank
  46. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Andy
    Refilling ink cartridges is most certainly not a "pain in the ass" as measekite
    keeps telling us, he has never done it whilst many of us have.
    Like most things in life if it is done properly it is really simple with most
    cartridges.
    Tony

    "Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote:
    >Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to a
    >thread or FAQ or something:
    >
    >Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
    >reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
    >
    >Regards,
    >Andy
  47. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Frank <fb@nospam.com> wrote in news:_sbpe.1820$xr.1063@fed1read05:

    > measekite wrote:
    >
    > *I TOLD YOU I WAS A PAIN IN THE ASS.*

    Finally, Measekite says something we can all agree with!

    BPotter
  48. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    measekite <inkystinky@oem.com>

    Do you really have an email account with oem.com? If not you should
    stop using their domain

    --
    Timothy
  49. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Tony <> wrote in news:part1of1.1.OEmQS3zv7X$wNA@ue.ph:

    > Andy
    > Refilling ink cartridges is most certainly not a "pain in the ass" as
    > measekite keeps telling us, he has never done it whilst many of us
    > have. Like most things in life if it is done properly it is really
    > simple with most cartridges.
    > Tony

    I've been following the threads in this article as I'm researching
    refilling. Even as a newcomer it's not difficult to see that the poster
    Measkite is here only to cause trouble. We're definitely going to try
    to refill our cartridges as the kids can empty them in a sitting. Either
    that or get rid of the kids :-), but we need that printer to be
    affordable. At present it's just draining us dry. Jennifer

    > "Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote:
    >>Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me
    >>to a thread or FAQ or something:
    >>
    >>Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
    >>reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>Andy

Printers Hewlett Packard Peripherals