Ink refills

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 5:17:46 AM

Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to a
thread or FAQ or something:

Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?

Regards,
Andy

More about : ink refills

June 7, 2005 5:17:47 AM

I refill a rather elderly model 920c and it's ridiculously easy - 100%
SUCCESSFUL, always and ABSOLUTELY mess free. No jive talk, no "pain in the
ass". This is a model with a tri-color cart and a black. For the color I
drilled three holes near the top and inserted ink with a syringe in the
correct chamber (instructions usually come with the ink or simply Google
the Net. The holes are simply sealed with tape. For the Black I pushed in
the plug (I believe), injected ink and capped with a set screw - must be
stainless (so it won't rust). The cartridges will drip a little for a while
and then stop. Don't insert a still stabilizing (slow dripping) cartridge.
The print output is identical as far as my eyes can tell. This printer
isn't used for photos, just graphics and text. Bulk inks have saved me a
ton of cash in the 5 or so years that I've had it. Years ago I saved empty
cartridges my company was throwing out. So now I have plenty of
replacements. But they rarely die on me. And I've never had one clog
either. I don't know if the more recent models are as easy to refill.
Perhaps HP has been researching ways to stop me from saving money - in the
name of progress, of course.

Google the Net for your printer model refill instructions.

"Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in

> Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me
> to a thread or FAQ or something:
>
> Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
> reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
>
> Regards,
> Andy

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 5:22:48 AM

With most printers you take a risk of clogged printheads. However,
since most HP carts have an integrated printhead there is less risk.
The greatest risk is leaky carts screwing up the printer. I hear that
the TriColor is more difficult to fill than the black. Generally
refilling is a pain in the ass. You can also buy noname reman HP carts
from various sources. As to how good they are who knows.

Andy Grey wrote:

>Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to a
>thread or FAQ or something:
>
>Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
>reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
>
>Regards,
>Andy

Related resources
June 7, 2005 5:22:49 AM

measekite wrote:
> With most printers you take a risk of clogged printheads. However,
> since most HP carts have an integrated printhead there is less risk.
> The greatest risk is leaky carts screwing up the printer. I hear that
> the TriColor is more difficult to fill than the black. Generally
> refilling is a pain in the ass. You can also buy noname reman HP carts
> from various sources. As to how good they are who knows.
>
> Andy Grey wrote:
>
>> Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me
>> to a thread or FAQ or something:
>>
>> Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
>> reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andy

Andy, don't believe this clown. He is an amateur wannabe printer/ink
expert who has never ever refilled an ink cartridge.
Not one. So don’t believe a word he says.
Refilling is easy, fun and you'll save a ton of money and you'll never
know the difference in color output.
Frank
June 7, 2005 7:13:37 AM

Jeff filled you in on techniques he has used successfully. Go on to
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ as I recall some information there on
refilling HP carts. Most of the discussion is about Canon inks, but if your
don't see what you need, post a question and someone with experience with
your specific carts may be able to answer. You will have to sign in to
participate, but it is a friendly forum with people who try to help.

"Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to a
> thread or FAQ or something:
>
> Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
> reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
>
> Regards,
> Andy

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 8:33:29 AM

What a pain in the ass.

Jeff wrote:

>I refill a rather elderly model 920c and it's ridiculously easy - 100%
>SUCCESSFUL, always and ABSOLUTELY mess free. No jive talk, no "pain in the
>ass". This is a model with a tri-color cart and a black. For the color I
>drilled three holes near the top and inserted ink with a syringe in the
>correct chamber (instructions usually come with the ink or simply Google
>the Net. The holes are simply sealed with tape. For the Black I pushed in
>the plug (I believe), injected ink and capped with a set screw - must be
>stainless (so it won't rust). The cartridges will drip a little for a while
>and then stop. Don't insert a still stabilizing (slow dripping) cartridge.
>The print output is identical as far as my eyes can tell. This printer
>isn't used for photos, just graphics and text. Bulk inks have saved me a
>ton of cash in the 5 or so years that I've had it. Years ago I saved empty
>cartridges my company was throwing out. So now I have plenty of
>replacements. But they rarely die on me. And I've never had one clog
>either. I don't know if the more recent models are as easy to refill.
>Perhaps HP has been researching ways to stop me from saving money - in the
>name of progress, of course.
>
>Google the Net for your printer model refill instructions.
>

>"Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in
>

>>Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me
>>to a thread or FAQ or something:
>>
>>Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
>>reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
>>
>>Regards,
>>Andy

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 8:40:21 AM

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>
>> With most printers you take a risk of clogged printheads. However,
>> since most HP carts have an integrated printhead there is less risk.
>> The greatest risk is leaky carts screwing up the printer. I hear
>> that the TriColor is more difficult to fill than the black.
>> Generally refilling is a pain in the ass. You can also buy noname
>> reman HP carts from various sources. As to how good they are who knows.
>>
>> Andy Grey wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point
>>> me to a thread or FAQ or something:
>>>
>>> Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are
>>> they reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Andy
>>>

> Andy, don't believe this clown. He is an amateur wannabe printer/ink
> expert who has never ever refilled an ink cartridge.
> Not one. So don’t believe a word he says.
> Refilling is easy, fun and you'll save a ton of money and you'll never
> know the difference in color output.
> Frank

Hey it is 5 minutes before a deadline and your job depends on it so you
hit the print button. Oh boy the printer is out of ink. So it is time
to have fun and refill the cart so you can print and make the deadline.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :-D :-D :-D

OK FRANKIE CRANKIE GAW HEAD AND MAKE MY DAY

YOU DUMB JERK
June 7, 2005 8:40:22 AM

measekite wrote:

> Hey it is 5 minutes before a deadline and your job depends on it so you
> hit the print button. Oh boy the printer is out of ink. So it is time
> to have fun and refill the cart so you can print and make the deadline.
>
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :-D :-D :-D
>
> OK FRANKIE CRANKIE GAW HEAD AND MAKE MY DAY
>
> YOU DUMB JERK

By now it's quite obvious to everyone in this ng that you are a
childish, immature and totally inexperienced amateur wannabe who is
attention starved and doesn't know what to do with him/herself.
FYI, if your printer is mission critical you don't run out of ready to
use, ink filled carts or else like most professional production houses
you're on a CFS.
It is also very apparent to every person in this ng that there is
absolutely no one quite as dumb as you.
Frank
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 8:43:56 AM

Burt wrote:

>Jeff filled you in on techniques he has used successfully. Go on to
>http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ as I recall some information there on
>refilling HP carts. Most of the discussion is about Canon inks, but if your
>don't see what you need, post a question and someone with experience

like me Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek will give you the same Bullshit you
get here. Many of the same people of the AfterMarket Club.

>with
>your specific carts may be able to answer. You will have to sign in to
>participate, but it is a friendly forum with people who try to help.
>
>"Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in message
>

>>Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to a
>>thread or FAQ or something:
>>
>>Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
>>reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
>>
>>Regards,
>>Andy

June 7, 2005 8:43:57 AM

measekite wrote:

> like me Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek will give you the same Bullshit you
> get here. Many of the same people of the AfterMarket Club.

WTF is that all about?
Was anyone in this ng able to decipher that unintelligible drivel.
I guess it really doesn't matter.
He's a know nothing.
Frank
June 7, 2005 8:50:33 AM

No problem, Measekite, you just have to refill more than one and have it in
reserve just like when you use exclusively OEM inks. Some people who use
aftermarket carts or refill have a set of OEM carts standing by as well. I
have three sets that I refill in rotation. When one stops functioning after
several refills I toss it and use another OEM or a new empty cart that I
refill with my preferred aftermarket ink. Works just as well as OEM and no
problems in almost a year.

"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

> Frank wrote:
>
>> measekite wrote:
>>
>>> With most printers you take a risk of clogged printheads. However,
>>> since most HP carts have an integrated printhead there is less risk.
>>> The greatest risk is leaky carts screwing up the printer. I hear that
>>> the TriColor is more difficult to fill than the black. Generally
>>> refilling is a pain in the ass. You can also buy noname reman HP carts
>>> from various sources. As to how good they are who knows.

>> Andy, don't believe this clown. He is an amateur wannabe printer/ink
>> expert who has never ever refilled an ink cartridge.
>> Not one. So don’t believe a word he says.
>> Refilling is easy, fun and you'll save a ton of money and you'll never
>> know the difference in color output.
>> Frank
>

> Hey it is 5 minutes before a deadline and your job depends on it so you
> hit the print button. Oh boy the printer is out of ink. So it is time to
> have fun and refill the cart so you can print and make the deadline.
>
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :-D :-D :-D
>
> OK FRANKIE CRANKIE GAW HEAD AND MAKE MY DAY
>
> YOU DUMB JERK
June 7, 2005 8:53:58 AM

> What a pain in the ass.

Yes you are, Measekite. Live and let live. If people want to refill their
carts it is up to them. Since you have no experience with these products
you have no idea how easy it is to do once you do it a few times. If he
tries it and doesn't like it he can always go back to OEM inks. Nothing
lost except a little bit of time and a very few dollars worth of ink.

> Jeff wrote:
>
>>I refill a rather elderly model 920c and it's ridiculously easy - 100%
>>SUCCESSFUL, always and ABSOLUTELY mess free. No jive talk, no "pain in the
>>ass". This is a model with a tri-color cart and a black. For the color I
>>drilled three holes near the top and inserted ink with a syringe in the
>>correct chamber (instructions usually come with the ink or simply Google
>>the Net. The holes are simply sealed with tape. For the Black I pushed in
>>the plug (I believe), injected ink and capped with a set screw - must be
>>stainless (so it won't rust). The cartridges will drip a little for a
>>while
>>and then stop. Don't insert a still stabilizing (slow dripping) cartridge.
>>The print output is identical as far as my eyes can tell. This printer
>>isn't used for photos, just graphics and text. Bulk inks have saved me a
>>ton of cash in the 5 or so years that I've had it. Years ago I saved empty
>>cartridges my company was throwing out. So now I have plenty of
>>replacements. But they rarely die on me. And I've never had one clog
>>either. I don't know if the more recent models are as easy to refill.
>>Perhaps HP has been researching ways to stop me from saving money - in the
>>name of progress, of course.
>>
>>Google the Net for your printer model refill instructions.
>>

>>"Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in
>>
>>>Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me
>>>to a thread or FAQ or something:
>>>
>>>Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
>>>reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>Andy

June 7, 2005 8:56:56 AM

> Burt wrote:
>
>>Jeff filled you in on techniques he has used successfully. Go on to
>>http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ as I recall some information there on
>>refilling HP carts. Most of the discussion is about Canon inks, but if
>>your don't see what you need, post a question and someone with experience
>
> like me Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek will give you the same Bullshit you
> get here. Many of the same people of the AfterMarket Club.

I am not like Measekite. I speak from my own positive experience with these
products and Canon printers. Measekite has no experience with aftermarket
inks but speaks against their use and against the vendors who sell them.
You judge who is BSing and who is giving you the benefit of his own
experience.

>>with your specific carts may be able to answer. You will have to sign in
>>to participate, but it is a friendly forum with people who try to help.
>>
>>"Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to
>>>a thread or FAQ or something:
>>>
>>>Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
>>>reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>Andy

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 9:00:13 AM

Burt wrote:

>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>

>>What a pain in the ass.
>>

>Yes I am, Measekite. Live and let live. If people want to refill their
>carts it is up to them. Nothing lost except a little bit of time and a very few dollars worth of ink and maybe (it is possible) a clogged printhead.
>

>>Jeff wrote:
>>

>>>I refill a rather elderly model 920c and it's ridiculously easy - 100%
>>>SUCCESSFUL, always and ABSOLUTELY mess free. No jive talk, no "pain in the
>>>ass". This is a model with a tri-color cart and a black. For the color I
>>>drilled three holes near the top and inserted ink with a syringe in the
>>>correct chamber (instructions usually come with the ink or simply Google
>>>the Net. The holes are simply sealed with tape. For the Black I pushed in
>>>the plug (I believe), injected ink and capped with a set screw - must be
>>>stainless (so it won't rust). The cartridges will drip a little for a
>>>while
>>>and then stop. Don't insert a still stabilizing (slow dripping) cartridge.
>>>The print output is identical as far as my eyes can tell. This printer
>>>isn't used for photos, just graphics and text. Bulk inks have saved me a
>>>ton of cash in the 5 or so years that I've had it. Years ago I saved empty
>>>cartridges my company was throwing out. So now I have plenty of
>>>replacements. But they rarely die on me. And I've never had one clog
>>>either. I don't know if the more recent models are as easy to refill.
>>>Perhaps HP has been researching ways to stop me from saving money - in the
>>>name of progress, of course.
>>>
>>>Google the Net for your printer model refill instructions.
>>>

>>>"Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 9:02:33 AM

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

>> Hey it is 5 minutes before a deadline and your job depends on it so
>> you hit the print button. Oh boy the printer is out of ink. So it
>> is time to have fun and refill the cart so you can print and make the
>> deadline.
>>
>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :-D :-D :-D
>>
>> OK FRANKIE CRANKIE GAW HEAD AND MAKE MY DAY
>>
>> YOU DUMB JERK
>

> By now it's quite obvious to everyone in this ng that I am a childish,
> immature and totally inexperienced amateur wannabe who is attention
> starved and doesn't know what to do with him/herself.
> FYI, if your printer is mission critical you don't run out of ready to
> use, ink filled carts or else like most professional production houses
> you're on a CFS.
> It is also very apparent to every person in this ng that there is
> absolutely no one quite as dumb as me.
> Frank
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 9:04:23 AM

Burt wrote:

>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>

>>Burt wrote:
>>

>>>Jeff filled you in on techniques he has used successfully. Go on to
>>>http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ as I recall some information there on
>>>refilling HP carts. Most of the discussion is about Canon inks, but if
>>>your don't see what you need, post a question and someone with experience
>>>

>>like me Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek will give you the same Bullshit you
>>get here. Many of the same people of the AfterMarket Club.
>>

>I am not like Measekite. I speak from my own positive experience with these
>products and Canon printers. Measekite has no experience with aftermarket
>inks but speaks against their use and against the vendors who sell them.
>You judge who is BSing

Do you mean Bullshitting oh holy one - you bigot

>and who is giving you the benefit of his own
>experience.
>

>>>with your specific carts may be able to answer. You will have to sign in
>>>to participate, but it is a friendly forum with people who try to help.
>>>
>>>"Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 9:10:11 AM

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

>> like me Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek will give you the same Bullshit
>> you get here. Many of the same people of the AfterMarket Club.
>>

> WTF is that all about? Frank

Was anyone in this ng able to decipher that unintelligible drivel.
I guess it really doesn't matter. Frankie Crankie is a jerk.
He's a know nothing.

measekite

June 7, 2005 9:13:48 AM

> Frank wrote:
>
>> measekite wrote:
>>

>>> Hey it is 5 minutes before a deadline and your job depends on it so you
>>> hit the print button. Oh boy the printer is out of ink. So it is time
>>> to have fun and refill the cart so you can print and make the deadline.
>>>
>>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :-D :-D :-D
>>>
>>> OK FRANKIE CRANKIE GAW HEAD AND MAKE MY DAY
>>>
>>> YOU DUMB JERK
>>

>> By now it's quite obvious to everyone in this ng that I am a childish,
>> immature and totally inexperienced amateur wannabe who is attention
>> starved and doesn't know what to do with him/herself.
>> FYI, if your printer is mission critical you don't run out of ready to
>> use, ink filled carts or else like most professional production houses
>> you're on a CFS.
>> It is also very apparent to every person in this ng that there is
>> absolutely no one quite as dumb as me.
>> Frank

Changing people's posts again. Childish and dishonest.
June 7, 2005 9:15:12 AM

Again, measekite changes someone's post - dishonest and childish.

> Burt wrote:
>
>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>What a pain in the ass.
>>>

>>Yes I am, Measekite. Live and let live. If people want to refill their
>>carts it is up to them. Nothing lost except a little bit of time and a
>>very few dollars worth of ink and maybe (it is possible) a clogged
>>printhead.

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 9:18:09 AM

Go tell your mommy

Burt wrote:

>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>

>>Frank wrote:

>>>By now it's quite obvious to everyone in this ng that I am a childish,
>>>immature and totally inexperienced amateur wannabe who is attention
>>>starved and doesn't know what to do with him/herself.
>>>FYI, if your printer is mission critical you don't run out of ready to
>>>use, ink filled carts or else like most professional production houses
>>>you're on a CFS.
>>>It is also very apparent to every person in this ng that there is
>>>absolutely no one quite as dumb as me.
>>>Frank
>>>

>Changing people's posts again. Childish and dishonest.

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 9:19:07 AM

Burt wrote:

>Again, measekite unfortunately really knows his stuff.
>
>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>

>>Burt wrote:
>>

>>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

>>>Yes I am, Measekite. Live and let live. If people want to refill their
>>>carts it is up to them. Nothing lost except a little bit of time and a
>>>very few dollars worth of ink and maybe (it is possible) a clogged
>>>printhead.

June 7, 2005 9:22:04 AM

> Burt wrote:
>
>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

>>>like me Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek will give you the same Bullshit you
>>>get here. Many of the same people of the AfterMarket Club.
>>>

>>I am not like Measekite. I speak from my own positive experience with
>>these products and Canon printers. Measekite has no experience with
>>aftermarket inks but speaks against their use and against the vendors who
>>sell them. You judge who is BSing
>
> Do you mean Bullshitting oh holy one - you bigot

A bigot I am not. You have never seen a single bigoted remark from me in
the many months I have participated in this NG. You said "like me
Burtie..." and I will repeat, no way am I like you. That doesn't make me a
bigot. An apology would be appropriate for that remark. That I don't
approve of your slurs, slanderous statements and obscene comments doesn't
make me a bigot or a holy one. I just have a healthy respect for civility,
honesty, and friendly discourse.

(snip)
June 7, 2005 9:25:20 AM

And again, Measekite changes my post to change the meaning. Dishonest and
childish.

> Burt wrote:
>
>>Again, measekite unfortunately really knows his stuff.
>>
>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 9:27:41 AM

Burt wrote:

>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>

>>Burt wrote:
>>

>>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

>>>I am not like Measekite. I speak from my own positive experience with
>>>these products and Canon printers. Measekite has no experience with
>>>aftermarket inks but speaks against their use and against the vendors who
>>>sell them. You judge who is BSing
>>>

>>Do you mean Bullshitting oh holy one - you bigot
>>

>A bigot I am not. You have never seen a single bigoted remark from me in
>the many months I have participated in this NG. You said "like me
>Burtie..." and I will repeat, no way am I like you. That doesn't make me a
>bigot. An apology would be appropriate for that remark.

Now now did inky stinky get little Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek pissed
off. Oh poor baby. Are you going to sleep good tonite.

>That I don't
>approve of your slurs, slanderous statements and obscene comments doesn't
>make me a bigot or a holy one. I just have a healthy respect for civility,
>honesty, and friendly intercourse.
>

>(snip)

June 7, 2005 9:27:42 AM

measekite wrote:

> Now now did inky stinky get little Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek pissed
> off. Oh poor baby. Are you going to sleep good tonite.

I don't think so mesershit. You're way too far gone over the idiot side
to even know what's going on.
We've got your number. :-)
Frank
June 7, 2005 9:27:44 AM

In article <_A6pe.8854$%23.202@trndny02>, adjgrey@verizon.net says...
> Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to a
> thread or FAQ or something:
>
> Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
> reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
>
> Regards,
> Andy

For all intents and purposes, the small carts used in the newer HP photo
printers are too small, and require too much work to refill.

Though the HP photo printers do a beautiful job getting the print on the
paper, the cartridge cost is VERY high, making your price per print 6 to 10
times more expensive than taking your digital photos down to the "photo
store" and getting them printed.

On one of my HP printers (7550) I found that if I included all the gyrations
needed to refill the carts, my per page print cost on 8x10 glossy prints was
about 4 times the cost of having them done at the local CVS.

After I figured that out, I simply used it until I had used up all the ink
and cartridges I had, then I put it out front of my house with a "free/take
me/I still work" sign on it.

It was gone in an hour. It was the most economical thing I ever did with a
new HP photo printer.

The HP photosmart printers do a beautiful job, but because of the tiny size
of the ink carts, and the wear factor on them, there is no real, practical
way to make them economical.

Ive been buying, using, and refilling ink jet printers of all brands since
the very first ones became available.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

Why I am glad you admit the truth

Burt wrote:

>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>

>>Burt wrote:
>>

>>>Again, measekite unfortunately really knows his stuff.
>>>
>>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

June 7, 2005 9:35:09 AM

I know you have no choice but to take that stance since I understand
you've never refilled anything but your prescription.

And I noticed you have several email changes. Nice to see the
newsservers finally dumping your sorry ass.

Jeff

measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in

> What a pain in the ass.

I know you have no choice but to take that stance since I understand
you've never refilled anything but your prescription.

And I noticed you have several email changes. Nice to see the
newsservers finally dumping your sorry ass.

> Jeff wrote:
>
>>I refill a rather elderly model 920c and it's ridiculously easy - 100%
>>SUCCESSFUL, always and ABSOLUTELY mess free. No jive talk, no "pain in
>>the ass". This is a model with a tri-color cart and a black. For the
>>color I drilled three holes near the top and inserted ink with a
>>syringe in the correct chamber (instructions usually come with the ink
>>or simply Google the Net. The holes are simply sealed with tape. For
>>the Black I pushed in the plug (I believe), injected ink and capped
>>with a set screw - must be stainless (so it won't rust). The
>>cartridges will drip a little for a while and then stop. Don't insert
>>a still stabilizing (slow dripping) cartridge. The print output is
>>identical as far as my eyes can tell. This printer isn't used for
>>photos, just graphics and text. Bulk inks have saved me a ton of cash
>>in the 5 or so years that I've had it. Years ago I saved empty
>>cartridges my company was throwing out. So now I have plenty of
>>replacements. But they rarely die on me. And I've never had one clog
>>either. I don't know if the more recent models are as easy to refill.
>>Perhaps HP has been researching ways to stop me from saving money - in
>>the name of progress, of course.
>>
>>Google the Net for your printer model refill instructions.
>>

>>"Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in
>>

>>>Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me
>>>to a thread or FAQ or something:
>>>
>>>Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
>>>reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>Andy

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 9:41:42 AM

DIRTBAG

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

>> Now now did inky stinky get little Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek pissed
>> off. Oh poor baby. Are you going to sleep good tonite.
>

> I don't think so mesershit. You're way too far gone over the idiot
> side to even know what's going on.
> We've got your number. :-)
> Frank
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 9:42:34 AM

Does it matter who you buy the ink from? care to recommend anyone?

Andy

"Frank" <fb@nospam.com> wrote in message
> measekite wrote:
>> With most printers you take a risk of clogged printheads. However, since
>> most HP carts have an integrated printhead there is less risk. The
>> greatest risk is leaky carts screwing up the printer. I hear that the
>> TriColor is more difficult to fill than the black. Generally refilling
>> is a pain in the ass. You can also buy noname reman HP carts from
>> various sources. As to how good they are who knows.
>>
>> Andy Grey wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to
>>> a thread or FAQ or something:
>>>
>>> Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
>>> reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Andy
>>>

> Andy, don't believe this clown. He is an amateur wannabe printer/ink
> expert who has never ever refilled an ink cartridge.
> Not one. So don’t believe a word he says.
> Refilling is easy, fun and you'll save a ton of money and you'll never
> know the difference in color output.
> Frank
June 7, 2005 9:43:09 AM

> Burt wrote:
>
>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

>>>Do you mean Bullshitting oh holy one - you bigot
>>>

>>A bigot I am not. You have never seen a single bigoted remark from me in
>>the many months I have participated in this NG. You said "like me
>>Burtie..." and I will repeat, no way am I like you. That doesn't make me
>>a bigot. An apology would be appropriate for that remark.
>
> Now now did inky stinky get little Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek pissed off.
> Oh poor baby. Are you going to sleep good tonite.

Not pissed off at all. Just confirms that you have no sense of civility and
will do anything to try to provoke me. Accusing someone of being a bigot is
as mean-spirited and slanderous as you can get. And yes, I will sleep
well - Sleep "good" is not the sort of English error I would expect from our
Stanford MBA. Stanford may have had a better football team, but if you are
any indication of what they teach in their MBA program their English and
Business departments must really stink.

>>That I don't approve of your slurs, slanderous statements and obscene
>>comments doesn't make me a bigot or a holy one. I just have a healthy
>>respect for civility, honesty, and friendly intercourse.

The word was discourse - means dialogue or discussion - and if you didn't
know it, friendly intercourse is not far from that meaning as the word is
used as "social intercourse" or social interrelationships. You, however,
have changed my post to something you regard as a sexual slur.

>>(snip)

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 9:43:52 AM

Whose ink would you recommend?
Andy

"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> No problem, Measekite, you just have to refill more than one and have it
> in reserve just like when you use exclusively OEM inks. Some people who
> use aftermarket carts or refill have a set of OEM carts standing by as
> well. I have three sets that I refill in rotation. When one stops
> functioning after several refills I toss it and use another OEM or a new
> empty cart that I refill with my preferred aftermarket ink. Works just as
> well as OEM and no problems in almost a year.
>
> "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>>

>> Frank wrote:

>>> Andy, don't believe this clown. He is an amateur wannabe printer/ink
>>> expert who has never ever refilled an ink cartridge.
>>> Not one. So don't believe a word he says.
>>> Refilling is easy, fun and you'll save a ton of money and you'll never
>>> know the difference in color output.
>>> Frank
>>

>> Hey it is 5 minutes before a deadline and your job depends on it so you
>> hit the print button. Oh boy the printer is out of ink. So it is time
>> to have fun and refill the cart so you can print and make the deadline.
>>
>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :-D :-D :-D
>>
>> OK FRANKIE CRANKIE GAW HEAD AND MAKE MY DAY
>>
>> YOU DUMB JERK

June 7, 2005 9:45:53 AM

> Why I am glad you admit the truth

The truth is you continue to change my posts in an effort to provoke me.
All you do is again display your dishonesty and childeshness. Keep it up as
it lets others know what you are about.

> Burt wrote:
>

>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 9:46:16 AM

Andy Grey wrote:

>Does it matter who you buy the ink from? care to recommend anyone?
>
>Andy

Costco, Staples or Office Depot.

>"Frank" <fb@nospam.com> wrote in message
>

>>measekite wrote:
>>

>>>With most printers you take a risk of clogged printheads. However, since
>>>most HP carts have an integrated printhead there is less risk. The
>>>greatest risk is leaky carts screwing up the printer. I hear that the
>>>TriColor is more difficult to fill than the black. Generally refilling
>>>is a pain in the ass. You can also buy noname reman HP carts from
>>>various sources. As to how good they are who knows.

>>Andy, don't believe this clown. He is an amateur wannabe printer/ink
>>expert who has never ever refilled an ink cartridge.
>>Not one. So don’t believe a word he says.
>>Refilling is easy, fun and you'll save a ton of money and you'll never
>>know the difference in color output.
>>Frank

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 9:46:35 AM

Who would you recommend for ink?

Andy

"Jeff" <jeff@nospamforme.net> wrote in message
>I refill a rather elderly model 920c and it's ridiculously easy - 100%
> SUCCESSFUL, always and ABSOLUTELY mess free. No jive talk, no "pain in the
> ass". This is a model with a tri-color cart and a black. For the color I
> drilled three holes near the top and inserted ink with a syringe in the
> correct chamber (instructions usually come with the ink or simply Google
> the Net. The holes are simply sealed with tape. For the Black I pushed in
> the plug (I believe), injected ink and capped with a set screw - must be
> stainless (so it won't rust). The cartridges will drip a little for a
> while
> and then stop. Don't insert a still stabilizing (slow dripping) cartridge.
> The print output is identical as far as my eyes can tell. This printer
> isn't used for photos, just graphics and text. Bulk inks have saved me a
> ton of cash in the 5 or so years that I've had it. Years ago I saved empty
> cartridges my company was throwing out. So now I have plenty of
> replacements. But they rarely die on me. And I've never had one clog
> either. I don't know if the more recent models are as easy to refill.
> Perhaps HP has been researching ways to stop me from saving money - in the
> name of progress, of course.
>
> Google the Net for your printer model refill instructions.
>

> "Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in
>
>> Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me
>> to a thread or FAQ or something:
>>
>> Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
>> reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andy

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 9:49:19 AM

Burt wrote:

>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>

>>Burt wrote:
>>

>>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

>>>A bigot I am not. You have never seen a single bigoted remark from me in
>>>the many months I have participated in this NG. You said "like me
>>>Burtie..." and I will repeat, no way am I like you. That doesn't make me
>>>a bigot. An apology would be appropriate for that remark.
>>>

>>Now now did inky stinky get little Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek pissed off.
>>Oh poor baby. Are you going to sleep good tonite.
>>

>Not pissed off at all. Just confirms that you have no sense of civility and
>will do anything to try to provoke me.

Congrats--U--R--Provoked

>Accusing someone of being a bigot is
>as mean-spirited and slanderous as you can get. :-D :-D :-D And yes, I will sleep
>well - Sleep "good" is not the sort of English error :-P I would expect from our
>Stanford MBA. Stanford may have had a better football :-$ team, but if you are
>any indication of what they teach in their MBA program their English and
>Business departments must really inkiestinkie. :-D :-D :-D
>

>>>That I don't approve of your slurs, slanderous statements and obscene
>>>comments doesn't make me a bigot or a holy one. I just have a healthy
>>>respect for civility, honesty, and friendly intercourse.
>>>

>The word was discourse - means dialogue or discussion - and if you didn't
>know it, friendly intercourse is not far from that meaning as the word is
>used as "social intercourse" or social interrelationships. You, however,
>have changed my post to something you regard as a sexual slur.
>

>>>(snip)

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 9:50:07 AM

Thanks...

> Jeff filled you in on techniques he has used successfully. Go on to
> http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ as I recall some information there on
> refilling HP carts. Most of the discussion is about Canon inks, but if
> your don't see what you need, post a question and someone with experience
> with your specific carts may be able to answer. You will have to sign in
> to participate, but it is a friendly forum with people who try to help.
>
> "Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to
>> a thread or FAQ or something:
>>
>> Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
>> reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andy

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 9:51:58 AM

Andy Grey wrote:

>Whose ink would you recommend?
>Andy

It is almost impossible to recommend ink because in almost all cases the
vendor who sells you ink will not tell you who the
manufacturer/formulator is. Therefore you can try to avoid a bad
experience that someone told you about from Vendor X and you wind up
buying the same thing from VendorZ.

The members of the AfterMarket Club do not like you knowing this. It is
a chink in their amour.

>"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>

>>No problem, Measekite, you just have to refill more than one and have it
>>in reserve just like when you use exclusively OEM inks. Some people who
>>use aftermarket carts or refill have a set of OEM carts standing by as
>>well. I have three sets that I refill in rotation. When one stops
>>functioning after several refills I toss it and use another OEM or a new
>>empty cart that I refill with my preferred aftermarket ink. Works just as
>>well as OEM and no problems in almost a year.
>>
>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

>>>Hey it is 5 minutes before a deadline and your job depends on it so you
>>>hit the print button. Oh boy the printer is out of ink. So it is time
>>>to have fun and refill the cart so you can print and make the deadline.
>>>
>>>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :-D :-D :-D
>>>
>>>OK FRANKIE CRANKIE GAW HEAD AND MAKE MY DAY
>>>
>>>YOU DUMB JERK

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 9:53:15 AM

Burt wrote:

>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>

>>Why I am glad you admit the truth
>>

>The truth is you continue to change my posts in an effort to provoke me.
>All you do is again display your dishonesty and childeshness. Keep it up as
>it lets others know what I am about.
>

>>Burt wrote:
>>

>>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

June 7, 2005 9:54:38 AM

Andy - It is very important to get a recommendation from someone who has
used an aftermarket ink successfully as there may be some products that are
really not compatable and can cause problems. Go on the Nifty-Stuff site
and ask if anyone has refilled the specific carts you are talking about.
For the Canon i960 I refill with MIS inks. Others have used Formulabs ink
from Alotofthings for their Canon printers. If no one on this NG or Nifty
stuff can give you a personal recommendation as to vendor and product you
might go on those sites and see what they have. Inks sold as universal for
all printers are generally to be avoided. Only buy inks that are formulated
specifically for your printer. On cue, Measekite will follow this post with
defamatory comments about Alotofthings, a company he has never done business
with and never used their products.

> Does it matter who you buy the ink from? care to recommend anyone?
>
> Andy
>
> "Frank" <fb@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> measekite wrote:
>>> With most printers you take a risk of clogged printheads. However,
>>> since most HP carts have an integrated printhead there is less risk.
>>> The greatest risk is leaky carts screwing up the printer. I hear that
>>> the TriColor is more difficult to fill than the black. Generally
>>> refilling is a pain in the ass. You can also buy noname reman HP carts
>>> from various sources. As to how good they are who knows.

>> Andy, don't believe this clown. He is an amateur wannabe printer/ink
>> expert who has never ever refilled an ink cartridge.
>> Not one. So don't believe a word he says.
>> Refilling is easy, fun and you'll save a ton of money and you'll never
>> know the difference in color output.
>> Frank

June 7, 2005 9:58:55 AM

> Andy Grey wrote:
>
>>Does it matter who you buy the ink from? care to recommend anyone?
>>
>>Andy
>>

> Costco, Staples or Office Depot.

If you are looking for aftermarket inks, these stores are not generally the
place to go. Measekite is talking about where to buy OEM inks. He has no
experience with aftermarket inks. We hear this Measekite anti-aftermarket
"aria" every time these products come up in a post. Unfortunately he is
tone deaf and sings terribly off key.

>>"Frank" <fb@nospam.com> wrote in message

>>>Andy, don't believe this clown. He is an amateur wannabe printer/ink
>>>expert who has never ever refilled an ink cartridge.
>>>Not one. So don’t believe a word he says.
>>>Refilling is easy, fun and you'll save a ton of money and you'll never
>>>know the difference in color output.
>>>Frank

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 9:59:53 AM

Burt wrote:

>Andy - It is very important to get a recommendation from someone who has
>used an aftermarket ink successfully as there may be some products that are
>really not compatable and can cause problems.

AMEN

>Go on the Nifty-Stuff site
>and ask

ANY MEMBER OF THE AFTERMARKET CLUB

>if anyone has refilled the specific carts you are talking about.
>For the Canon i960 I refill with MIS inks.

BUT MIS WILL NOT TELL HIM WHO MAKES AND FORMULATES THE INK

>Others have used Formulabs ink
>for their Canon printers. If no one on this NG or Nifty
>stuff can give you a personal recommendation as to vendor and product you
>might go on those sites and see what they have. Inks sold as universal for
>all printers are generally to be avoided. Only buy inks that are formulated
>specifically for your printer.
>
>"Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in message
>

>>Does it matter who you buy the ink from? care to recommend anyone?
>>
>>Andy
>>
>>"Frank" <fb@nospam.com> wrote in message

>>>Andy, don't believe this clown. He is an amateur wannabe printer/ink
>>>expert who has never ever refilled an ink cartridge.
>>>Not one. So don't believe a word he says.
>>>Refilling is easy, fun and you'll save a ton of money and you'll never
>>>know the difference in color output.
>>>Frank

June 7, 2005 10:01:16 AM

Andy
I just took a deep breath after reading the way that one of our "contributors"
has hijacked this thread.
I will try to keep to the question you quite properly asked.
Firstly it depends on the cartridges, which ones does your printer use?
In general cartridges for older HP's fill better than the ones for the newer
models. Also the black cartridges tend to fill better than the colour ones for
a couple of reasons: firstly there are 3 times as many opportunities for
failure with colour cartridges (3 printheads and 3 ink containers), secondly
colour cartridges are foam filled whilst some black cartridges are not. Foam
filled cartridges are more prone to airlocks but there are techniques to avoid
or recover from this. Overall the process of refilling most HP cartridges is
simple and clean and produces good results both in terms of print quality,
reliability and cost savings. No cartridge can be refilled indefinitely, the
head will eventually fail but in most cases several successful refills are
possible saving lots of money.
New compatible cartridges are only available for very old HP printers because
of patent protection but refill kits and instructions are readily available
from several sources, suggest you Google but try
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ first as suggested by Burt.
Keep the faith and look elsewhere in this ng to see whether any advice from
measekite can be trusted, he changes other peoples posts and seems to enjoy
abusing people.
Tony

"Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote:
>Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to a
>thread or FAQ or something:
>
>Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
>reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
>
>Regards,
>Andy
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 10:06:45 AM

*I TOLD YOU IT IS A PAIN IN THE ASS.*

Tony wrote:

>Andy
>I just took a deep breath after reading the way that one of our "contributors"
>has hijacked this thread.
>I will try to keep to the question you quite properly asked.
>Firstly it depends on the cartridges, which ones does your printer use?
>In general cartridges for older HP's fill better than the ones for the newer
>models. Also the black cartridges tend to fill better than the colour ones for
>a couple of reasons: firstly there are 3 times as many opportunities for
>failure with colour cartridges (3 printheads and 3 ink containers), secondly
>colour cartridges are foam filled whilst some black cartridges are not. Foam
>filled cartridges are more prone to airlocks but there are techniques to avoid
>or recover from this. Overall the process of refilling most HP cartridges is
>simple and clean and produces good results both in terms of print quality,
>reliability and cost savings. No cartridge can be refilled indefinitely, the
>head will eventually fail but in most cases several successful refills are
>possible saving lots of money.
>New compatible cartridges are only available for very old HP printers because
>of patent protection but refill kits and instructions are readily available
>from several sources, suggest you Google but try
>http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ first as suggested by Burt.
>Keep the faith and look elsewhere in this ng to see whether any advice from
>measekite can be trusted, he changes other peoples posts and seems to enjoy
>abusing people.
>Tony
>

>"Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote:
>

>>Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to a
>>thread or FAQ or something:
>>
>>Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
>>reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
>>
>>Regards,
>>Andy

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 10:42:42 AM

"Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
> reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?

I've been refilling HP carts for an 895cxi for 6+ years. You sometimes have
problems getting them to work immediatly after refilling but shaking the ink
down to the head in a plastic bag usually fixes them. Overall the quality
has been very good. After several refills (eg 6-8) they sometimes fail
completly.

I believe the "new" HP9x series of carts have complex chips in them and
there is no chip resetter available yet..
June 7, 2005 11:08:08 AM

Larry wrote:

> For all intents and purposes, the small carts used in the newer HP photo
> printers are too small, and require too much work to refill.
>
> Though the HP photo printers do a beautiful job getting the print on the
> paper, the cartridge cost is VERY high, making your price per print 6 to 10
> times more expensive than taking your digital photos down to the "photo
> store" and getting them printed.
>
> On one of my HP printers (7550) I found that if I included all the gyrations
> needed to refill the carts, my per page print cost on 8x10 glossy prints was
> about 4 times the cost of having them done at the local CVS.
>
> After I figured that out, I simply used it until I had used up all the ink
> and cartridges I had, then I put it out front of my house with a "free/take
> me/I still work" sign on it.
>
> It was gone in an hour. It was the most economical thing I ever did with a
> new HP photo printer.
>
> The HP photosmart printers do a beautiful job, but because of the tiny size
> of the ink carts, and the wear factor on them, there is no real, practical
> way to make them economical.
>
> Ive been buying, using, and refilling ink jet printers of all brands since
> the very first ones became available.

Yeah they are tiny aren't they. What printer(s) are you currently using?

Thanks.
Frank
June 7, 2005 11:23:38 AM

Andy
Refilling ink cartridges is most certainly not a "pain in the ass" as measekite
keeps telling us, he has never done it whilst many of us have.
Like most things in life if it is done properly it is really simple with most
cartridges.
Tony

"Andy Grey" <adjgrey@verizon.net> wrote:
>Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to a
>thread or FAQ or something:
>
>Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
>reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?
>
>Regards,
>Andy
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 7, 2005 1:38:18 PM

Frank <fb@nospam.com> wrote in news:_sbpe.1820$xr.1063@fed1read05:

> measekite wrote:
>
> *I TOLD YOU I WAS A PAIN IN THE ASS.*

Finally, Measekite says something we can all agree with!

BPotter
June 7, 2005 2:17:30 PM

measekite <inkystinky@oem.com>

Do you really have an email account with oem.com? If not you should
stop using their domain

--
Timothy
June 7, 2005 2:58:27 PM

Tony <> wrote in news:p art1of1.1.OEmQS3zv7X$wNA@ue.ph:

> Andy
> Refilling ink cartridges is most certainly not a "pain in the ass" as
> measekite keeps telling us, he has never done it whilst many of us
> have. Like most things in life if it is done properly it is really
> simple with most cartridges.
> Tony

I've been following the threads in this article as I'm researching
refilling. Even as a newcomer it's not difficult to see that the poster
Measkite is here only to cause trouble. We're definitely going to try
to refill our cartridges as the kids can empty them in a sitting. Either
that or get rid of the kids :-), but we need that printer to be
affordable. At present it's just draining us dry. Jennifer

!