Delete Partition

I have two partition on my Windows XP and want to go back
with just one operating system. How do I get rid of one
of the partition?
2 answers Last reply
More about delete partition

    In news:129101c4ae49$6357a370$a501280a@phx.gbl,
    R. Jackson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    >I have two partition on my Windows XP and want to go back
    > with just one operating system. How do I get rid of one
    > of the partition?

    I assume that you don't want to literally get rid of one
    partition (that would make that part of your drive unusble), but
    to combine it with the other partition.

    No version of Windows has ever had a way to non-destructively
    change the partition structure of a drive. The only way to
    accomplish what you want is by using a third-party utility, such
    as Partition Magic or BootIt Next generation.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    The only way you can create, delete, resize or merge existing
    partitions, and not harm your existing Windows installation, is
    to use a third-party partitioning program, such as Partition Magic 8.
    http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/

    Otherwise, a "clean install" of Windows XP will be required
    since you'll have to delete all the existing partitions and create
    a new single partition.

    Clean Install Windows XP

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "R. Jackson" wrote:

    | I have two partition on my Windows XP and want to go back
    | with just one operating system. How do I get rid of one
    | of the partition?

Partition Microsoft Windows XP