I have two partition on my Windows XP and want to go back
with just one operating system. How do I get rid of one
of the partition?

In news:129101c4ae49$6357a370$a501280a@phx.gbl,
R. Jackson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

>I have two partition on my Windows XP and want to go back
> with just one operating system. How do I get rid of one
> of the partition?

I assume that you don't want to literally get rid of one
partition (that would make that part of your drive unusble), but
to combine it with the other partition.

No version of Windows has ever had a way to non-destructively
change the partition structure of a drive. The only way to
accomplish what you want is by using a third-party utility, such
as Partition Magic or BootIt Next generation.

Please reply to the newsgroup

The only way you can create, delete, resize or merge existing
partitions, and not harm your existing Windows installation, is
to use a third-party partitioning program, such as Partition Magic 8.
http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/

Otherwise, a "clean install" of Windows XP will be required
since you'll have to delete all the existing partitions and create
a new single partition.

Clean Install Windows XP

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens

--